Chapter 4 | The Secret

[Banner Art by Me]

Shine looked out of the window of her new room. She could see others from a ways away. She wanted to explore again; but Alchemy said she shouldn't do that just yet, and to wait for her to get done with whatever she was doing.

'Sun time, I could use some Sun time,' she thought, curling up under the window, bathing in the sunlight. It was accustom for RainWings to lay down and 'recharge' their scales, it made them a lot happier and made their scales more pretty.

Shine smiled as a memory of Passion helping her when she was still new to Sun time. She got caught in a vine, making blood run to her head for a few minutes, before Passion found her.

Granted she was scared, but now she looked back and laughed a bit. She wanted to show how good she was to Lovely and Oriole, back when they use to hang out all the time.

'Lovely and Oriole... they're good friends. They like me, they like me better then some others,' Shine thought, shuffling slightly to get more sunlight on her scales.

Then the sunlight started to get a bit too hot, Shine found herself gripping the ground. The need to jump out of the way clear as day. She quickly stumbled out from under the sunbeams, finding herself suddenly gasping for air.

What was wrong with her? She normally got a bit too hot during Sun time, why is she freaking out this time? She took a deep breath, trying to get back in control.

Looked back out the window. She decided she was was going out, no matter what Alchemy said. Grabbing her animus touched hornring, she went out of her room.

The RainWing quietly made her way to the kitchen, using the back of what looked like a grocery list to write a note for the other two. Once done, she quietly snuck out, tiptoeing past the passed out Alchemy, who laid on the slab of a couch, a glass bottle next to her.

She didn't know where Swift was, probably in his room (the attic), or was out hunting in the alleyways. She found it a bit funny that a cursed dragon was now acting like a big cat, but didn't hold it to him too much.

Once outside, she took a deep breath, slipped the hornring on, and went to explore.

~~~

Shine wasn't one to really admit things, but even she knew she was lost at this point. She had found her way back to Founder's Tree, her scales cooling under the shade of its massive crown. More dragons passed by.

SeaWing soldiers on patrol, MudWing guards standing post around the tree trunk. Shine saw a few NightWings drawing up their hoods before flying off to the exit of the city.

It was just like home, but much more bigger, with a lot more dragons. Nearly ever tribe could be seen... but.

'Where are the other RainWings?' Shine tried to recall what Alchemy had told her. 'My RainWing self... are RainWings not welcomed here or something?'

Shine found herself so deep in her head, that she hadn't realized she suddenly fell on the ground. An angry, hissing sound coming from above her. Her diguise's green eyes trailing up.

Iridescent gray-blue-greens blocked her way, spikes on the back of the neck a pearly white. Eyes the colored of shattered icicles.