Chapter 5 | Emotions and Moonstone

[Adopted from: -AmateurVexerox-]

The mark of a new day came, waking up the sleepy RainWing. She joined Swift and Alchemy for breakfast, the dragonet trying to forget yesterday's events.

"So what are we doing today?" Shine asked, handing her bowl to Swift, who balanced it on his back. The jaguar walked off to Alchemy, who was busy using her magic to reanimate the dish cloth to clean them.

"Well, I have to head out to get some food. Swift got into the pantry again."

"Hey, not my fault you restock the thing with my favorite treats."

Shine watched the two begin to bicker, silently excusing herself to go back to her room. She found her hornring on her nightstand. Slipping it on, she went back to the kitchen, seeing Alchemy shooting looks of absolute hate towards the jaguar.

"Should we get going then?" Shine asked, tapping her claws slightly on the ground. Alchemy looked to her, giving a small nod. "Yeah, let's go."

~~~

Just as Shine first suspected, Founder's Tree was their destination. A few dragons walked around, SandWing and SkyWing merchants shouting about wares, an animus dragon was using their magic for making small shows for dragonets who squealed, seeing them preform.

Alchemy had explained to her animus magic worked a bit differently in Grandeur City. You could be born with it, but instead of using soul, you powered it by energy. Most dragonets couldn't really use magic thanks to how drained they got.

Shine watched a magician take a small bird from a cage. The small white avian cooed, looking around it curiously. "I enchant this little white bird to become a large, white tiger!" the magician commanded.

In a plume of smoke, the bird disappeared, and in its spot stood a large, snow white tiger with obsidian black stripes. Crystal blue eyes gazed to the audience around it.

"Ooo, she's pretty!" Swift chimed, climbing on top of Alchemy's back to get a better view. It was hard to see over the crowd, but Shine swore she say the magician briefly staring at them.

Alchemy groan, turning and leaving from the crowed stage. Shine excused herself and apologized to the dragons Alchemy shoved out of here way. Once out, Shine looked around for the NightWing.

"Alchemy! Hey, wait up!" She shouted, seeing the animus speedily walking away; Swift, who was now walking next to her, trying to look back to the magician and tigeress.

The disguised RainWing ran to catch up. Once by her side, she looked to her, trying to read her. Irritated, disgust, and envy came off of her, while her eyes held a cloud of something slowly bubbling inside.

Shine felt it, underneath the negative energy, she felt-

"Alchemy."

The three stopped, looking back. It was the magician, his chest narrowed and slim, while his neck was long. His breath had a nasty smell to it, like he had ate goat kidneys by accident. His scales were a rough, smoke gray, while his underbelly was a soft light gray, with a small blue tint to it.

His keen, amber eyes were focused on them, a pair of silver teardrop shaped scales resting in the corners, matching his two silver bracelets. His wings were a dark royal blue, with barely noticeable scales under them. His rich brown horns were slightly pointed up, like if they kept growing, eventually they would go upwards.

"I thought you swore you wouldn't come back to this part of the city. Who's this?" he asked, pointing to Shine. Rage and disgust seem to boil within him, yet is eyes showed none of it.