Chapter 2

"Daddy!" I screech. Rivers of tears flow down my cheeks.

"Come with us. Now." The man says.

"No!" I yell and slap him in the face. The woman lets go of my arm and checks his face while I kneel next to Dad.

"Lilly..." He whispers.

"Daddy, please. Don't go. Mom and Samantha need you. I need you."

Dad's eyes start to glaze over, but he tries to focus on my eyes. Mom curls up on the floor next to him, Samantha in her lap, holding his hand.

"Mary," He says, glancing at my mother. "I love you, and will never stop."

"I...I love you too, George." She cries.

"Samantha," Dad says. "You are such a sweet girl. I love you so very much."

He finally turns to me.

"Lilly, you've grown up so fast. I'm very proud of you. I love you, Lilly."

Dad looks up at the ceiling, his blue eyes closing. I lay on his chest, trying not to hurt him. After a few moments, his chest stops moving.

"No," I say. "No!" I try to shake him awake, but it doesn't work. We all cry.

The peacekeepers grip my arms and drag me to the door while Samantha and Mom protest.

"Please!" I shout.

"Lilly!" Samantha cries, trying to grab my arms.

"No! Mom! Samantha!"

The door closes and the peacekeepers drag me into the hovercraft, away from my family. Well, what's left of my family.

~~~~~