Chapter 4

The moment Esmerée stepped into the school compounds, she was greeted by Ivy and Seth, who seemed to be waiting for her.

"Were you guys waiting for me?" Esmerée asked.

"No we weren't. We were just chilling out here until you came," Ivy said.

"But if it makes you happier, then yes, we were waiting for you. After all, aren't you our new friend?" Seth said.

Something inside of Esmerée told her to be cautious around them.

"I'm sure we're all going to be the best of friends. You, me, him, Damien, Lorenzo and Jake. You are eating with us during lunch today, aren't you?" Ivy said, giving her a smile.

Esmerée wanted to hang out with Trina and Bethany but something tells her she could not say no the Ivy's offer. Ivy looked at her, giving the I-hope-you-will look and Seth smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

"Can I bring my friends along?"

"You have other friends? Who?" Ivy said, surprised.

"Yeah I do. Trina and Bethany."

"Oh them. Yeah sure. Why not? The more the merrier."

Esmerée swear she heard a small grunt at the end of her sentence.

"Oh right. I - I mean, we brought you something," Ivy said, handing a bottle of vitamin water to Esmerée.

"Thanks. I'll see you both later."

Trina watched as Esmerée headed towards her.

"What was that all about?' Trina asked Esmerée.

"They ask me to join them for lunch, and that includes you and Bethany. And somehow, they bought me this vitamin water."

"Well aren't they nice."

"Yeah I suppose."

"Come on. Let's go. Bethany's already in class."

Esmerée never felt more comfortable with Trina and Bethany. It was like they were meant to become best friends.

Lunch was weird. When Esmerée brought over Trina and Bethany. Ivy and Seth were being extra nice. They even bought extra vitamin water to give to everyone. This was not how Esmerée remembered the first time she was with Ivy and Seth.

"They're extremely happy today, which almost seems as if they took drugs," Damien whispered into Esmerée's ear.

"Vitamin water seems to be their thing,"Esmerée replied.

"Did Seth proposed?" Lorenzo said, pointing at Ivy.

"Maybe he did. But either ways, you already know that he will one day," Ivy said.

Lorenzo cheekily grinned and Jake slapped Seth's back.

"Hey Esmerée. Why don't we hang out after school. Just you and me. I would like to get to know you better." Ivy said.

"Can Bethany and Trina come too? "

"Just the two of us," Ivy snapped.

Trina noticed the quick change of Ivy's voice. From a sweet girl to spoiled brat.

"But they can hang out with us next time." Ivy said, giving a sickening smile.

Esmerée just accepted her offer and glance at Trina's way for a moment. Trina looked worried. Esmerée wondered whether Ivy was going to be a boring company. She rather hang out and learn more about Trina and her powers.