Chapter 18

Esmerée didn't need to inform Ivy she was here. The gate was wide open for her to go in just like that. The door was unlocked too. Security does not seem to be a big issue to Ivy.

''Get in there and make a portal," Ivy greeted her. It was not much of a proper greeting but then again, this situation isn't normal at all.

"I got it."

The portal she made was the same pastel color. Although it was the same as her previous portal, she could not help but feel as if something is different about this portal. It felt stronger, as if she has truly mastered it. Wasn't it supposed to be difficult?

Esmerée wished she could tell someone about her portal makings but she could not. It would get her into trouble.

"Let's go," Ivy said.

"Just us two?" Esmerée asked, confused. She thought either Seth or Elizabeth would come along with them.

"Can we hurry up?" Ivy said, irritated by her slow pace.

Esmerée nod and went in first. Ivy followed her quickly.

They found themselves in the middle of a huge field.

"We'll have to walk there," Ivy told her, observing her surroundings, making sure she remembers where to go back to.

"Where?" Esmerée asked.

"Come on," Ivy replied, not giving her an answer.

Esmerée tried her best to keep up the pace Ivy was walking in. She took sharp turns and she does too, following her every steps, not bothering to look at anything else properly. There weren't anyone around. Must be a small town thing.

A few minutes later they stopped right behind a huge tree that looked like a thousand years old.

"If it wasn't for the portal, I probably wouldn't bring you here..." Ivy muttered.

"You are too slow..." she continued.

"Wait here."

In a blink of an eye, Ivy was gone doing whatsoever. Why is she just leaving her there? Is it even safe here? What is she supposed to do?

Esmerée leaned against the tree. She didn't know where she went but she had a bad feeling about it. She can feel something turn and twist inside of her.

Ivy returned, with a huge grin like she has achieved something.

" He didn't think that I would not find the grimoire did he? What a pathetic place to hide it. He's such a careless warlock."

"You have to put it back where it belongs!" Esmerée argued, panicking. What if something bad really happens later?

"Nah. We are going back with this book whether you like it or not,"she said, grabbing my arm, pulling me along.

"Hey I just stole something and you are with me. Can't you go a little faster?" she said, annoyed.

But somehow that worked because Esmerée found herself walking faster. No matter how much she does not want to be part of all this, she is going to be. Ivy forcing her here already made it seem as if she has plenty to do with everything. Oh the trouble she'll get into if her father ever finds out.

Ivy flipped through the pages, not caring it was a fragile looking book. The pages were yellowed.

"Ugh. The timing of all of this is so wrong. We need the full moon. Next month."

Esmerée could breath easier. If she could use the time between now and the next full moon to stop Ivy from doing something bad, it would be great. 

[Comment/Vote/Share/Follow me! Btw, university is making me stressed out already and it is only day 4! What can I say? I'm in medical school...]