1.2 - Stable

On Friday, Luke hadn't went to school since he was feeling ill, probably a head cold. He didn't go to school at all since that long and dreadful, yet very exciting Tuesday, actually. He feared it. After the scene he'd left that building with, he wasn't sure that he wanted to go back. But he didn't need an excuse to skip school now that he was sick. It all came so sudden Wednesday morning, but it was nothing he couldn't handle. His mother brought him to the drug store to buy medicine and any other necessities he'd need to recover. Cough syrup, cold tablets, NyQuil, and DayQuil. It was a lot, but he read all the instructions carefully, knowing when and where exactly to take a certain thing. He'd drink some NyQuil before he goes to bed, along with taking a tablet, and then when he woke up he'd drink some DayQuil and take another tablet. After he's eaten lunch, he'd drink some cough syrup, no tablet required. (He also had his anti-depressants, which was three pills, that he had to take every morning, and sometimes at night depending on his mood.)

It was working perfectly as he was now on his third day of being sick, and he seemed to already be almost over it. He hated having head aches all the time and feeling like he was going to throw up every hour. It was horrid. Coughing hurt, he figured it was because of the infection in his throat. Or maybe it somehow bruised? He didn't know.

He took a quick tablespoon of cough syrup, grimacing at the bitter taste that slivered down his throat, not caring that he hadn't eaten yet, then put the syrup away in his bedside drawer. He just didn't like that he kept coughing, it was beyond annoying. He was scrolling through his Twitter timeline and every once in a while switching over to his YouTube app to check if his views would raise or not. They were rising very slowly, and he sighed quietly. His subscribers were at 293 and his video views were at 427. The most views he'd gotten today was around three or four. Ashton had also been really liked on the video, which surprised Ashton. Didn't really surprise Luke as much, though. Luke ended up tweeting Ashton's Twitter username and somehow managed to get Ashton to be more active since the last time his friend tweeted was over a year ago.

"Maybe they don't like us very much." Luke mumbled to himself, voice scratchy. "Oh, well."

He went over to his Twitter app again and quickly wrote in a tweet.

@ MyChemicalMichael: any video suggestions?

He waited about ten minutes until two people replied. One wanted him to do another cover and the other wanted him to do a Q and A. He stared down at the two tweets, thinking about which one he should do. He thought both suggestions were great, but he was bad at picking between two things. It was a huge flaw that he had, because he always somehow ended up hurting somebody, and he hated that. He disliked hurting others with a passion.

"Luke, lunch is ready!" He heard his brother Ben yell from the hallway, his voice slowly fading with each second ticking by, him probaby rushing down the stairs. Jack and Ben didn't bother going to school, insisting that it was unfair that Luke got to stay home. After several minutes of arguing, she finally agreed to let them stay home until Monday morning. As for Luke, it all depended on how he was feeling.

"Coming!" Luke shouted, voice cracking at the end, throwing his phone down on his bed, jumping up and running downstairs into the dining room, ignoring the achy feeling in his bones. He hated being sick.

He sat down next to Jack, waiting for everyone to finish putting food on their plates, and then served himself. Carrots and peas were on one small plate, and garden salad in another bowl. Odd combination, but very delicious. As they all sat eating, Luke listened to the small talk around the table.

"Mum, where's dad?" Ben suddenly asked, the whole table going quiet.

"He's on another business trip." She said after a brief moment of silence, and Ben nodded, returning back to eating.