1.7 - Friends

"I'm telling you Calum, I'm OCD!"

"There is no way you are OCD, Michael."

"But I am!"

"Just because you think messes are annoying, doesn't mean you're OCD." Calum spoke surely, chuckling and shaking his head at Michael's desperate expression of making Calum think that he was something he wasn't.

"I'm not saying it just because of that," Michael rolled his eyes. "I mean because the same image constantly refreshes in my mind, and I overthink it ten times. Then I'll always be very cautious - not paranoid, I swear - when it comes to being alone in a house or apartment. I'll probably lock and unlock the door eight times, and turn the lights on and off fourteen times. When something isn't perfect or not in the right place it bothers me and I do what I can to fix it and change it into something better, that's why I insisted in editing our old YouTube videos, or fixed up our old shared bedroom. I'm clearly OCD."

Michael and Calum had a stare down, Calum looking at Michael with a look of confusion in his eyes.

"You've never mentioned it before."

"Because I never understood it before."

Calum continued to stare at Michael, reading him for any sign of a lie or prank, but saw nothing. He reluctantly gave in, nodding understandingly because there was nothing wrong with it anywah. "Yeah, okay. I understand."

"Thank you."

They sat in silence, Calum rocking back and forth on his feet, when he decided to make use of the newly found information.

"So," He trailed off, catching Michael's attention. "Wanna organise my suitcase?"

"Fuck off Calum." Michael began to laugh, turning away from Calum and walking off back into their new hotel room.

"Worth a shot." Calum laughed, then sat on the arm chair next to their bed and pulled out his phone, checking YouTube.

They'd just recently put out a new video on how the tour's been and ended it with a couple fan questions, so Calum was checking the views and likes on the video ever so often, not really caring about the dislikes because what was the point in caring about those anyway?

The app opened like it does every other time: To their subscriptions and new videos that have been uploaded. Except this time, Luke's uploaded his third video in one month, which is pretty weak for a new YouTuber. When he and Michael first signed up, they were uploading videos and covers every chance they'd get.

Calum clicked on Luke's video (because why not? he's only watching the covers he posts anyway because of his voice), reading the title "For The Nights I Can't Remember - Cover by Luke"
He remembers the song, smiling because he really liked the lyrics in it and it was an overall good song to cover because it really showed off your voice and the way it can range.

He sat and waited for the video to start playing, happy that the hotel they were at this time had slightly more decent WiFi and it started playing quicker.

"Um," The familiar face of the blonde boy appeared, eyes looking duller than ever. "It's Luke again, and I'm doing a cover of For The Nights I Can't Remember by Hedley. I really like the song, and it has a lot of meaning to me, and yeah. Yeah..." He trailed off, smiling weakly into the camera though trying to hide it, and you could easily tell that something was going on with him just by looking at him. Calum frowned at the thought of Luke being upset because the first time he had seen Luke, Luke looked generally happy so it was a huge difference.

"I hope you enjoy it."

Calum watched as Luke looked down at the acoustic guitar in his hands, licking his lips and slowly starting to strum the strings on the guitar, opening his mouth to begin singing.