Demigod City Part 1

Annabeth's POV

In one week, we all turn eighteen. Also known as doomsday. I don't think we're ready to take over the council. We've been training for years, but I just don't know. I also don't think I can be a good leader. Everyone else does, but I don't think so. It's hard making decisions. I try my hardest, but it's overwhelming. I hope the election comes soon.

"Okay, I officially open today's meeting of The Council of the Heirs. We need to discuss the election. Who gets to vote?" I start.

"I don't think we should, but what about demigods? Should they get a say in this mess?" Lana asks.

"Yes. They should. It's their life." Percy says.

"What about nymphs, Naiads, gods, goddesses, satyrs, centaurs, and other creatures?" I prompt.

"They should get a say too, but only if they are peaceful creatures."

"How about we leave it up to them. We put a couple voting stations where creatures most likely are, and allow them to choose if they vote or not." I say "If we don't give them that freedom, they'll get angry and plot the demise of Olympus."

"That sounds like a good plan. Who's running for this again?" Jason asks.

"Annabeth for sure. We need more people too, so that the citizens have a choice." Colin says.

"I don't mind running if you need another. I don't care if I win or lose. I would honestly vote for Annabeth." Calypso hesitantly speaks up.

"Okay, we've got two. Anyone else?" I ask.

"I nominate Jason!" Percy says.

"I nominate Percy!" Jason says.

"You both are good leaders. You should both run." Thalia says.

Both boys sigh reluctantly, but eventually they agree.

"Four candidates. Anyone else?" I ask.

Pearl slowly puts her hand up.

"Okay. Pearl. Anyone else?"

Shakes of heads.

"Five candidates. That should be enough." I finally say. "The next matter of business is the camps. The flame is still strongest here. What are we going to do?"

"You know, we could move the camps to here. Olympus has more than enough room, so..." Thalia said, trailing off at the end.

"I'm liking that. Any other ideas?"

No one has any.

"All in favour of moving the camp to Olympus?"

It's unanimous.

"Okay. We need to figure out how we're going to do this." I continue. "We need to make sure they know that most of the food is made of ambrosia..." I start ranting. After about five minutes I realize no one is listening. Oops.

"Sorry, any ideas?"

"Do you remember when we overheard the gods talking about the Roman camp? They said that they have a city. Why don't we do something like that?" Colin suggests.

"Okay, any more ideas?" Once again, no one speaks up.

"All in favour of a demigod city?"

Unanimous.

"What will the town look like? Katie asks.

"We can all help design it. We'll draw up a basic plan, and all do what we're good at. Zeus kids: you can do electricity, and weather controls. Poseidon kids: you can do stables, water, and all that stuff. Hades kids: you can do underground things, like building tunnels and mazes for people. Aphrodite kids: we need places to shop for clothes. Ares kids: they'll want a training arena. You can build that and supply it with weapons. Hephaestus kids: we need some form of entertainment. You can make monster proof gadgets and a movie theatre. Demeter kids: gardens, floral arrangement and food. Apollo kids: sunlight and music. Dionysus kids: party halls and bars, preferably with some drinks for minors. Hermes kids: we all know that you guys love a challenge. Help design stores that will be a challenge to steal from. Not stores like the electronics place, but joke shops. You can also supply prank supplies. Colin and I will design buildings and make the layout plan. Meeting adjourned." Everyone except Colin and I left. We've got a city to design.