Stealing the show?

"We have a problem" said Nessa, the Water gym leader. We all looked at her, a bit confused. Kabu asked "This is a conference so explain your issue." I was for my part sitting in a corner, used for the conferences to last an eternity. This is for sure the most painful part of being a Gym leader/ Champion. We have to be here at every conference between leaders and listen to aaaalll the nitpicks each of us has to say. I say that, but Nessa is probably the one complaining the most. I'm somewhat proud too, but... She's something else. Opal, the Fairy Gym Leader, is exempted from coming because she is quite old and needs some rest. She's so old that her age is actually a mystery inside the Leader association. I wish I could be as old as her to be free of staying home during our meetings, yet at the same time it's great to chill with everyone here !

Nessa explained herself :

- Well, I have a problem with a trainer.

The Grass Leader Milo was surprised : "How ? Was the trainer cheating ?"

- Cheating ? She obviously is ! Look at her ! She's a show off, always taking the spotlights over the other challengers !

Kabu then said : "She ? I thought you were describing Bede...And I heard he's been disqualified recently."

I jumped : "Disqualified ?" Bea and Allister, from Stow-on-side, explained what happened. Nessa then called back :

- I was not finished ! I'm talking of HER !

She connected the Tv from the room to show us pictures of ..

"CLAUDIA !?! " I fiercely got up, shocked to see her on the screen

"CLAUDIA !?! " I fiercely got up, shocked to see her on the screen. They all looked at me, a bit concerned. Kabu asked "You know her ?" I didn't know how yo react :

- HEm... I let her enter the Galar Vault with Leon's younger brother, Hop. That's all.

Nessa then added : "She's the new focus of the Media. The other trainers are all left in her shadow, even Hop who was also endorsed by Leon himself. This is unfair."

Melony, the Ice gym leader, asked : "And what could we possibly do ? She is simply better than the others, I presume. "

- She even got her face in a magazine yesterday! Look ! Plus, people recently started buying berets to resemble hers...