Finally

This is it. I'm in the middle of the Stadium. Hop in front of me. This is the battle that will decide which one of us is facing Leon. Who gets the chance to become a champion.  He's not here to lose, and so am I. Raihan went to the Hospital, but he promised me he'd be watching from his phone.

"It is time, Hop."

"It is time."

- GO SMOOCHY !

- GO Snorlax !

The battle begins. I use Crunch, he uses Slam. I use Wild charge. Hop switches Snorlax and takes out Rillaboom. I Swap for Corncandy.

- Pyro Ball !

Critical hit.

- Go ! Hubert !

Hubert is his Corviknight.

- FIRE PLEDGE !

He resists. He uses Roost. Hmm.

- PYROBALL !

He still resists.

- ... hem Corncandy?

My bunny looks at me :

- Let's try Fire pledge again, I guess !

Hubert faints. Hop sent out his Dubwool and I take advantage of its ability to use Pyro ball once again. Looks like I'm cheap shotting huh ?

- GO Pinurchin !

- Oh ! An electric type ! Hehe ! Okay then... SMOOCHY ! I know you can do it !

Everyone looks at me like "hem what are you doing " but I know exactly what I'm doing.

- Hehehe. SMOOCHY, use DIG!

-What !??! You have Dig ?? HOW ?

- Learned it today. Sorry, my friend !

-Argh... so... imprevisible yet so easy to predict. I've always tried to get you, but you always surprised me with something new. Guess.. I'll just sent out Snorlax once more.

No way ! He switched his pokemon while I was using this double turn attack. It barely hurt Snorlax.

-Snorlax ! Slam !

Bye, Smoochy...

- Cloudjumper ! Go ! Use Dragon pulse  !

Snorlax finally fainted. Only Pinurchin left. I feel bad. My pokemon leveled up so fast. But he has an advantage. I have no pokemon left that can counter Electric type attack. Bye Cloudjumper. It was a critical hit.

- Go Whiskey !

- Use crunch !

*Mimikyu's disguise is busted*

- Whiskey ! Use Shadow neak !

This pokemon is strangely hard to take out. But Whiskey managed to survive and ... I won the Match.

I raised my hand to the crowd but when I turned back, Hop was down. I ran to him. He was crying. I crouched next to him and comforted him the best I could. But he said :

- you're so good ! Good at everything you're doing. I'm just... so weak.

- That's not true. You're talented. You made it to the Finale, Hop. You made is. You've grown so much. You just haven't realized yet. I'm so happy I challenged you. I'm so happy to have you here. You're the one who made me start this journey. Who changed my life forever. I'm happy you made it this far you can't imagine how much.