Prologue: Old Enemies

(A heads up, I will be using Rune factory 4 and Tides of Destiny(Oceans) for this story. I will explain plot points relevant to this story as they come, but watch a play through or play them yourselves. My favorite game series next to EBF. Also, (Y/N) is you being yelled at, all lowercase is whispering, one uppercase one not is normal.)

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

???: Why did I listen to Lest? This dungeon is a nightmare!

(Y/n) is "traveling" through Rune Prana, at the request of Lest, his friend and a fellow Earthmate. With him is puff, the first monster he ever tamed, Green, the wind spirit rescued from the rotten Sachs empire, and Ambrosia, the first boss monster he fought. While Green and Ambrosia are fighting about the right path in the maze, Puff is being emotional support.

Puff: *squeak squeak* (because you wanted to tame an Verde, why would we want a bigger and smarter Green?)

(Y/n): (pets Puff) Sometimes I wish I could understand you, but I know what really happened to those Pink Cats I gave to Ambrosia.

Ambrosia: YEAH, GREEN STOLE THEM! (Glares at the wind throwing midget(note:compared to Ambrosia, most of them are midgets.))

While this is going on, they destroy a green portal, and the ducks it was summoning.

Green: I stole nothing, I borrowed a Charm Blue... four... teen times.

She lazily makes wind slice through the last duck, bored and wanting to eat.

(Y/n): Please stop, you're scarring Puff.

The Wooly in question is hiding its face, but not out of fear. Puff is a prankster and already stole Green's monster feed from that morning. If it wasn't for Puff, Green and Ambrosia might actually be friends. But that's fine. While the four of them enter the next room, they see a giant portal, which Lest told them he destroyed,

 While the four of them enter the next room, they see a giant portal, which Lest told them he destroyed,

Heaven's Gate.

But something was clearly wrong. A portal so powerful it might as well be considered a high class monster doesn't just form in a day. So (Y/n) does the smart thing...

AND BEATS THE CRAP OUT OF IT.

Right off the bat, Ambrosia notices what's wrong. Heaven's Gate is meant to be a portal to the Forest of Beginnings, the home/birthplace of most monsters, and summons creatures from such a place. But, not one monster has left the portal. In fact, it seemed like they were...

On the input side of the portal. And once they started falling through, Green knew that all of them were screwed, as monsters don't remember their first time leaving the Forest of Beginnings, and (Y/n) was right up against it. 

Puff fell through first.

(Y/n): PUFF!

As (Y/n) reached out for his fuzzy friend, Green and Ambrosia grabbed his arms and tried to fight the force of the portal.

Green: Ambrosia, I'm sorry for taking your flowers three weeks ago! I'm sorry for being a terrible companion (Y/n)!

Ambrosia: Green, I have nothing to say about that. We won't forget anything, but (Y/n) will.

(Y/n): WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!

Else where, two portals open in a red forest. From one, our bundle of misfits fall out. The other has an old man casually walk out.

 The other has an old man casually walk out

???: Freedom, or is this a new cage?

The man glances around. He smiles at the chance to drag a new world to its knees.

???: And there are no runes here, this will be a simple matter

On an island called Patch, another portal opens. From it, a mask and large white cloak fall onto a cliff, before standing up.

 From it, a mask and large white cloak fall onto a cliff, before standing up

 Masked man: A new world, free of magic... I wonder if I can bring it back to life here.

The figure fades into shadows.