Chapter 2: Guardians

We're gonna have fun with this one.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

BEACON TOWER (flashback)

Ozpin: Why do you need to know? (He puts down the Infini-mug and grips his cane.)

MM: (He shifts the mask slightly, so that a silver eye can be seen.) She will become a great ally or foe to me. It is for her to decide. But I will say this, Ethelberd will not hesitate to strike this school when he finds a suitable host.

Glynda: Who is-

Mm: My time here is up, but just know that he is fond of dragons.

The masked man vanishes into black smoke. Ozpin and Glynda are left pondering his last words. Well, Glynda is, Ozpin has an idea.

Ozpin: Have team CVFY investigate the forests near Mountain Glenn.

Glynda: Of course, but may I ask why?

Ozpin:(turns to look out the window) There were rumors long ago about a Grimm dragon slumbering near the mountain summit. Tell the team to look for irregularities in the Grimm population and report back in one week.

Glynda nods then goes down the elevator. Ozpin picks his mug back up and takes a swig of herbal tea.

BEACON RWBY'S DORM (Present)

The members of team RWBY sleep peacefully in their beds. Weiss dreaming about fighting the white knight, Ruby dreaming about cookies, Blake dreaming about... certain scenes from certain books, and Yang is dreaming of a joyride. Suddenly, all their dreams converge, they see each other, and hear a song.

They all woke up shortly after, feeling an odd sense of peace. The room was silent for a moment, then Weiss decided to ask the question.

Weiss: Did anyone else have an odd dream last night? I mean, I saw all of you and heard music from nowhere?

RBY: Yes!

Ruby: Oh my Oum, we are such good friends we share dreams now!

Blake: I don't think that was it. It seemed like a message of some sort.

Yang: I liked the song though! (She looks at Weiss with a slight smirk.)  Weiss, do you have a dream journal to write the words on? I figure you would have one considering...

Weiss: (Mildly irritated at the implication.) No I-

Blake: Already done. (She has a spare notebook that was previously hidden under her pillow. Her team looks at her.) What?

Rwy: Well, read us the words!

Blake: Okay... (She tightens her bow.) 

"Spirit of life, hear my song, that I now sing to thee."

Ruby: (Confused head tilting.) What does 'thee' mean?

Yang: It's an old word for you. 

Weiss: (Cutting in.) It also is generally used in sacred or religious texts. (Ruby nods in newfound understanding, Yang and Blake look at Weiss with mild shock.) What, weren't you taught about old religions when you were seven?

Yang: No, probably because we are normal people and not rich or religious. Anyways, continue Blake.

"I sing for you with my heart, and my soul. And my soul."

Blake: Before you ask, I wrote that part twice because I heard the voice repeat it. (The others nod their heads.) Moving on..

"I'm here, waiting for you, to answer me!"

Weiss: This is probably a religious song.

Yang: Yeah, but why did we all hear it in our sleep?

Ruby: I'm upset that I don't have three full cookie jars now.

Yang: (Laughs for a short while.) Sis, never change.

Weiss: Instead, let's get ready for our trip to Forever Falls.

RYB: Okay!/Mhm.

FOREVER FALLS, (Y/n)

While we were walking, Green fell into Rose after I finally got her off my arm and they cut into a tree. Red sap was pouring out of the cut slowly. Being part butterfly, Rose immediately went to the tree and stared at the sap.

(Y/n): Uh, are you alright Am- (Death glares) Rose?

Rose is just staring at the tree, like if she looks away the sap will be gone. Green is concerned about why the sap is red and keeps her distance. Puff gave absolutely no shits about his own safety, and licked some sap.

Puff: ... *SQUEEAA*(this is the best thing next to being pet!)

Both Green and Rose decided to try some as well, while (Y/n) was worried if that was a squeal of delight or suffering. After he saw Rose licking the mark in the tree, however, he figured it was a good scream.

(Y/n): You know, I have some bottle to collect this stuff with.

How to regret your life choices in one sentence.

Rose practically tackled (Y/n) to the ground and held him in a airtight hug. Green and Puff had to pry her off so that (Y/n) could breath. After catching his breath, (Y/n) started filling his empty bottles with red sap. On bottle rolled out of his pocket and Puff went to inspect it. Object X

All three monsters recoiled from this discovery

All three monsters recoiled from this discovery. Rose took the bottle and chucked it as far as she could.

FOREVER FALLS, Glynda

Just a little while after arriving we heard a strange sheep cry. That was ten minutes ago. Now there's a odd bottle of liquid that I just picked after it landed. Thinking back on what the Masked Man said, this may be a belonging of one of the other "fallen" people. The students are currently collecting their sap so I have plenty of time to investigate.

???: He isn't here, but the other four are.

Hearing that voice I jumped and got into a combat stance facing where I heard the voice, seeing the Masked Man himself.

Glynda: Do you enjoy scaring people from the shadows?

MM: I was reclusive in my old world, and old habits die hard. (He notices the bottle.) Where did you find Object X?

Glynda: It literally fell from the sky.

MM: Well, it's owner will probably be nearby, I'll pay a visit.

He vanished into smoke. Once he was gone I see Blake and Yang running towards me.

Yang: Ms. Goodwitch! An Ursa has shown up and got Cardin!

Blake: (Stepping in.) Ruby, Weiss, and Pyrrha went to go help out!

Glynda: 'Of course this happens now.' Let's get going then.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

You know what's happening next time...

Should other non-tamed monsters from Rune Factory show up, or just (Y/n)'s and the _________ _____?