28

𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄
please tell me i meant something

𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄please tell me i meant something

HAPPINESS WAS SOMETHING that Echo hasn't fully experience for the past few months. But now, that's all she could reel as she was wrapped in the arms of her true love.

She just laid there, breathing in his scent, listening to his calm heartbeat. She couldn't be happier than she was right now, wrapped in his embrace in her dorm room.

He hasn't exactly been impressed that nobody has managed to find a way to remove the anti-magic border which fell across their hometown, so Whitmore was the next best thing.

It was hours later, when they had woken up, taken a steamy shower, drank some blood to regain some more strength, and then went to the hospital to visit Alaric.

It was not every day that a vampire — an Original vampire, for that fact — becomes human, so Jo wanted to make perfectly sure that nothing was going to happen to him.

Alaric's worried gaze turned to his friend, who was aimlessly jabbing at the heart-rate monitor that was at his bedside. "Hey. I really don't think you should be playing with all that stuff."

Echo walked back into the room holding two to-go coffee cups and gazed toward Damon who, despite being told, still hadn't moved from the monitor. "Knock it off. It's not a toy. He's human now, remember." She smacked the Salvatore over the back of the head, which caused him to jolt away from the device. She rolled her eyes fondly, and then turned her attention to Alaric. "How're you feeling?"

"I gotta be honest, Echo, I feel amazing." Alaric's eyes lit up and it was something the girl hadn't seen since he returned back from the Other Side. "I'm human again."

A buzzing noise caused their eyes to avert to Damon, who was once again playing with the machinery.

Alaric rolled his eyes at his best friend. "If you kill me, I am dead for good this time, you remember that."

Jo came running in when she heard one of the machines that Damon had been playing with, start beeping. She exhaled a sigh of relief when she saw the culprit was only Damon. "Good morning."

"Hey, I don't know if this is a good time," Alaric stated.

"Just a heads up, Doc. You're gonna be in real high demand with a bunch of vampires who wanna be human again if you could repeat that little healing trick you did at the border with Ric last night." Damon grinned toward Jo, who was clearly unimpressed.