4

chapter 4

Even if it's just in your
Wildest dreams, ah-ha oh

-

Caroline woke up with a gasp, she was hot and sweaty, her flesh sticking to the sheets. Her hair was sprawled out and she saw April sleeping next to her peacefully.

Today they had planned on going to the French Quarter for a block party. It was rumored to have the most alive people. The brightest lights. The loudest music.

But right now caroline just felt like crawling into a hole and crying. It was one of those days. The days she felt absolutely gone.

Completely Abandoned.

Sighing caroline stood up and walked to her suitcases, rooting around for a change of clothing caroline grabbed a simple white camisole, dark jeans, and white sneakers.

Pulling her hair into a simple ponytail she silently left the house, tissues already in her pocket.

The cold air that came with the darkness nipped at her face and flushed her cheeks red.

Walking into the 24-hour bar caroline saw the almost empty building as she walked up the bar.

Ordering a large glass filled to the brim with whiskey caroline sighed and hit her head onto the table.

I can't believe I'm here. With him. Caroline thought bitterly, taking a sip of the cool drink.

It burned its way down her throat and caused tears to push up into her eyes at the bitterness.

Covering her face with her arms caroline sobbed quietly.

Her mom had died. And she could seem to get past it.

Even in a new town, she felt that same loneliness that seeped into her body.

"What's wrong." A deep voice asked, causing caroline to snap her neck towards the man.

It was the dark man she had seen with Klaus.

"Who're you?" She inquired skeptically, her tone anything but sweet.

"I should be asking you that. This is my town and I know everyone here, especially the vampires. So who're you?" He spoke so commandingly Caroline's body shook.

"As much as I loved this riveting interrogation I prefer to be left mysterious." She winked and stood, speeding out of the bar and back into the cold night.

"Wait! Let me buy you a drink sometime!" he shouted back, running in front of her.

Sighing caroline thought why not

"Well, I need to know your name if I'm going on a date with you," Caroline smirked at his faltered ego

"I'm marcel."