9

chapter 9

Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your
Wildest dreams, ah-ha oh

-

Caroline walked into the bar at 9:56 sharp. Her hair was fashioned in a low bun and her body was dressed seductively in a red dress.

This will show him for dumping me in that forest.

Caroline sat at a smaller booth and order 2 glasses of bourbon.

Quickly realizing how overdressed she was care awkwardly covered her chest with her small bag.

"Caroline!" Marcel asked, coming from a different booth.

Caroline felt anger rise up in her as she saw him.

Shouldn't I want him dead?

As much as caroline thought she needed to hate him and want him dead she couldn't get over that if he died that little girl hiding in the motel would die from using all that power.

Currently, Davina had been hiding out in the motel with Stefan and April. Stefan was sharing a bed with caroline and April was sharing with Davina. They hadn't decided to tell Klaus though because Davina assures hen he would use her for the power.

Caroline got up from her seat and smiled at him, "What are you doing here?"

"Just stopping by to say hi to my favorite vampire." He leaned in to kiss her lips but she moved her head to the side, causing his lips to touch her cheek.

Out of the corner of her iris, she saw Klaus entering. A small part of her wanted him to see, but another knew she'd pay if he did.

Moving away from Marcel caroline sat back down, "I'm actually here for business, I'm trying to get a job working for Klaus." The lie was quick and sudden and as Klaus approached his smile widened.

"Why yes, she is." Confirmed Klaus.

Marcel looked disgusted and walked back to the door, making a call me gesture with his hand.

"Look I've already told you everything I know about the white oak stake-"

Klaus abruptly cut her off with a gentle smile, "I didn't invite you here to discuss work love."

"Then what did you want to discuss?" Caroline asked, taking a nervous sip of her bourbon.

"You."

"There isn't anything about me that's so interesting..." caroline laughed and nibbles at her lip.

"What about your laugh, your smile, the way your eyes light up when you discuss your passions? Is that nothing? What about your light that shines through even the darkest places?"

Caroline blushed and stood up, embarrassed, walking to the door she said quickly, "This was.... tolerable."