1.

This is set in real time. As of 2020 quarantine.
_____________________________

"Y/n, come down here please", your mom yells from downstairs.

It's 11 pm. What could she possibly want. You think to yourself.

"Coming", you yell

When you get downstairs, you see your parents and your two brothers in the kitchen.

"Hey", you say

"Um no", your mom says, "go change. We don't need you outside in those short ass shorts"

"Ok", you say as more of a question.

You didn't feel like changing into much, so you just changed into some sweatpants and a hoodie.

"Ok, so we have gotten to the point where we are so bored, we are going to meet our neighbors for the first time

"Ok, so we have gotten to the point where we are so bored, we are going to meet our neighbors for the first time. Don't worry, I'm friends with their mom and dad", your mom says.

"Wow mom. This quarantine sucks so much, we are literally going to meet the people that live next door for the first time", you say

"Yes, now let's go meet the Bassetts"

"The Bassetts!?!", You say.

Your heart stopped when you heard that. You can't believe the person you tried to block out and forget is the person you are now going to have to see. How did you not know you were neighbors with him. You are in utter shock. You don't know what to do.

You think to yourself, this is a nightmare. I can't see him. There is no way. I just can't. My mom. Does she know. No she can't. We kept it a secret. No. No. I can't go look at him. This is gonna be so bad. Things can't go well. This is the worst thing ever. I'd rather do homework.

Your stomach is in knots.

"Yes, the Bassetts, why do you ask that", your dad says

"Oh, no reason, just didn't know who they are", you say, trying to hold all your fright inside

"Well, let's go meet them", Sam (your brother) says