The Confession

Fern's words left Kim's mind in trance. "Was it really true?" she thought repeatedly, not believing how insensitive she is to notice Pie's heartache.

Kim glances to where Pie is. She knows that she cannot let this night pass by without having a word with her. "It doesn't matter whatever she says but she has to know what I truly feel for her."

As Kim gathered all the courage that she has, she collected herself up; ready to fight her way through the crowds just to stand next to the girl she's crazy about. Suddenly, the blasted music had switched into a warm and romantic vibe, inviting all men to dance their lovely ladies with such tranquility and intimacy.

(Click this song to play: Someone You Loved – Boyce Avenue Acoustic Cover - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzFmpDSxhwM)

"Can I, Pie?" The petite girl looked up and smiled softly, pulling her hair behind her ears. She lends her hand to that invitation, thinking that this is her last dance of the night.

"Thank you for letting me dance with you."

"It's no big deal, Van. You are one of my best friends after all." Pie uttered, resting her left arm to his right shoulder while the other one is holding perfectly by him.

Kim froze in her place. Her face was straight, clearly lacking the ability to express emotion. She felt so helpless as jealousy comes over her being. It should have been her place, not him. She wished for Pie to at least take a glance at her so the latter could feel her longing.

Drowning deep down into her thoughts, Kim did not notice someone's presence behind her.

"Ready to enjoy, babe?" Tavee queried, ignoring her date's sudden change of mood. Respecting her promise to the blonde-haired girl's father to accompany his daughter tonight, Kim gently nods to this request.

As this romantic move excites her, Tavee drags Kim to the dance floor in a swift. The blonde-haired girl rests both her arms to Kim's neck which makes it look like they're sweetly engulfed in a hug. Kim, being a gentleman, delicately snaked her hands on Tavee's waist as they calmly swayed their bodies along with the music.

Standing in proximity to two of the most popular students in the university, Pie finally noticed the person she has been looking for all night long. Furrowing her eyebrows as if verifying her hunch, she gasped when she saw how different Kim looks tonight. She almost cannot recognize her for there were no strands of hair covering her face anymore. "Kim fits perfectly for a prince charming, God she looks amazingly stunning!" Pie thought to herself, not breaking her gape to her fantasy.

Kim gazes back at her, looking straight into her eyes as if penetrating her soul within her body. Pie witnessed how tears are threatening to glide over Kim's face just by seeing her. It is as if she's communicating through her heart that Pie is not somebody else but someone who is greatly significant to her life.

"I can't stand this; it kills me to see her with someone else." Pie's inner soul speaks up.

Sensing that Pie's attention is somewhere else, Van took a deep breath and asked Pie about his good intentions. "Hmm, Pie? Can I ask you something? Because no one knows if I can still have this opportunity again."

Hearing such genuineness in his voice, Pie gave Van a chance to say what he wants. "What do you mean?"

"Pie, I have never liked anyone in my life like this. I may probably be too late for this but I still want to try. I don't want to regret not doing this later on."

Pie gulped heavily for what P'Van is going to say next. "Pie... do you think I'm still holding a chance on you?"

When Van said the last part, Pie almost choked on air as she swallows the lump swelling in her throat. Whenever she tried to open up her mouth, her emotions blocked her. Locking eyes with the person she's craving for is not helping her either. When she looked into Kim's eyes, she saw the smallest trace of sadness. Pie couldn't quite read out what she is trying to say but she felt like she got just enough to make her believe that there is a deeper meaning behind those deep stares.