A Date to Remember

"Are you kidding me?!" Pie can't help but exclaimed.

"What? Don't you like it?" Kim scratched the back of her head; worried that her efforts will just be put into waste.

"Are you kidding me? This is insane!" Pie's eyes almost popped out of their sockets as soon as they arrived at the place Kim had planned for the both of them. It is a food festival with a mini-carnival inside where you can be able to play fun-filled games and win big prizes while munching all of your favorite meals with thirst-quencher refreshments.

"I really want to go to a food festival for a long time now. It's one of my bucket lists."

"Then what happened? Why haven't you tried it until now?"

Feeling embarrassed, it took a moment before Pie gets to respond. "We're not rich, Kim. I can't even afford to go to school back then."

Gaining this information, Kim can't help but feel sad towards Pie's childhood. While she had everything that a child could ever ask for in life, there's Pie who never had the chance to enjoy what a kid should have experienced. "Alright, then let's make a deal. I would be asking you to write your bucket list into a piece of paper and I would do everything in my power to grant that. If not all, then at least some of it." Kim ventured.

"Why?"

"What do you mean, why?"

"Why are you doing this, Kim?"

"Because if you love someone; you'd do everything to make that person happy."

"I was never a fan of cliché or sappy love stories Pie ever since I got into a relationship. But I guess, I'm starting to change my perspective because of you."

"It's not bad, I'm telling you. Because I've never been better since I ran out of my past."

"You know what; I've been dying to know what happened between the two of you." Pie uttered; talking about Kim's past relationship with Yam.

"I'll tell you some other time, okay? This day is intended for us alone. I want to focus on you so we shouldn't think of anybody else right now, alright?"

"Alright, if you say so." Pie calmly responded, knowing that at the right time, she'll get to hear it from Kim.

"Come on princess, let's have some fun! I bet you can't beat me on those games over there." Kim smirked, confident enough that she can pull off any game today.

"Haha, you wish. You might regret saying that in the first place." Pie warned, unbuckling her seatbelt and climbed off the car first.

"Shit, I think I've got myself a competition." Kim muttered under her breath, nervously turning off the car engine and went to follow Pie.

"What took you so long?" Pie said impatiently.

Kim's brows rose and then drew together in a frown that gives Pie a hint that there must be something important Kim cannot be able to say. "Uhm Kim, is there something wrong?"

"Uhm there's something I've been meaning to ask you."

"Oh, should I be worried? What is that?"

Kim choked back the laugh that was threatening to burst out. "Erm, I just want to know how you can manage to walk that fast with those short legs of yours. Do you like have some superpowers or what?"

Pie shot Kim a glare before running towards the latter. "What the------"

"Hey, I'm just kidding!" Kim defends with a laugh.