Sanctuary (SeloBert)

This oneshot was requested by VenLily (Please don't harass them).

A/N: selozar, more like seltzer water am i right?

Content warnings: Mentions of abuse, slavery, slight Stockholm syndrome (selozar to alone) Character death (implied)

Obligatory reminder that I respect Ms. Kiersten and Albert's relationship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selozar lived a pretty mundane life.

He's always repeated the same routine for years.

Wake up.

Make breakfast.

Get beaten by alone.

Eat breakfast (which was the food that wasn't thrown)

Clean

Get beaten by alone some more

Sword practice (he considered this an escape and a way to work out his suppressed anger)

Make dinner

And of course, getting beaten by alone before crying himself to sleep.

But today was different.

It was Christmas eve, which means that a guest will be here (although he's pretty sure that Alone would beat him regardless of who's watching.)

'Maybe this won't be so bad...' Selozar says as he stands in his corner, waiting for the guest to arrive.

Maybe the guest would be his saving grace.

Once the guest arrived, Alone greeted him and went outside for a tour.

--------------------------------------------------

"I need to go to room, Feel free interaction!" Alone says before going upstairs.

Albert looks at selozar before nervously making his way towards him

"H-How ya doing, Selozar?"

Selozar felt his rocky heart quicken.

Nobody (other than Alone, Uleanra, and Einin) had ever noticed him, much less asked how he was doing.

Why did he feel so nervous over a simple question?

"A-alone took Uleanra!" He wasn't doing okay, but he still managed to pull himself together after Alone Killed uleanra.

Emotions showed vulnerability, and if he were to expose any of his vulnerabilities to Alone, Alone would take that vulnerability and put it into his head until he broke.

"Let's run away, together!"

"A-Ah, I-I must not, he can hear us now."

Alonetraveler then barrels down the stair wielding a gun.

"Dummy!" Alone says before shooting Selozar (and to add more salt to the wound, alone eats turkey too).

--------------------------------------------------------------

After Selozar respawned (albeit he wished he could stay a bit longer)

"Don't worry. He fine." Alone says as he sprints towards Selozar.

"Right? Yes? Right?! Fine- Wait... I need bathroom." Alone says before turning to go to the house, but not before shooting selozar's foot.