Chapter 13

The waiting room was a silent. It was cold, a unnatural light shining in their glistening eyes. The atmosphere was thick and dark. The few students and teachers who got minor injuries where now waiting with the rest of them. Mr Aizawa had a patch on his cheek and an arm brace as one of the attackers struck him with a knife and shattered his elbow. He was told the cheek would leave a scar, but he didn't care.  Pixie-Bob also received damages, as she was struck at the head with a rock someone had threw, no major damage, but she didn't care. Tokoyami was prone to panic attacks and after the news, he began to seriously hyperventilate, he managed to accidentally hurt shook in the process, who was only trying to calm him down. He felt stupid now, and he no longer cared about his little panic session.  Uraraka and asui had be scrapped and lightly stabbed with a knife, they were defending themselves by what seemed to be a girl of their age. Everyone still had the bitter taste of smoke in their lungs, occasionally coughing at the nauseating feeling. They sat in silence, the only noises were sobs, sniffs and the constant spinning sound of the ceiling fan. Mr Aizawa stayed near the door, being prepared to hear the information first before his chaotically worried class ask him a tidal wave of questions. They were given a special room to wait in as there was so many of them, but in any case it made them feel worse.

No one really knew what happened in the forest, no one really knew how the incident occurred. The only information they got was a surprisingly quiet kirishima, who briefly explained what he had witness when he had arrived at the scene. Everyone could hear the ear piercing screams from Bakugo, but none of them realised it was because Midoriya had died in his arms.

They sat in the cold, lifeless room. Waiting for any news about him. They don't even know if Midoriya had been revived or not. It was a real Schrödinger's cat situation, he could be dead or alive, but what they did know was that Midoriya had died. Only mr Aizawa, kirishima and Bakugo had seen it and they all seemed to to out of it. Sitting or standing in absolute shock. Everyone was especially worried about bakugo. His scream clouded everyone's ears, the sound of true pain and anguish. He sat in the corner of the room, looking down at his hands and his blood stained shirt. That blood felt sickening to the others, that was Midoriya's blood, further proof of his demise. The truth is that even if deku was being brought back at that very moment, he was dead for quite a long time. A part of the lively child had died and they would never unsee it, that they might talk to a dead man. Even if they do revive him, he could be brain dead, losing their sunshine friend forever. No one could say, but everyone could feel the pressure.

The wait was fucking terrible for bakugo. He needed to know if he was alive, he could be sitting there hoping, pleading, praying for his safety for nothing. After all, the last thing he felt was Deku go limp in his arms. He could still vaguely feel the body in his arms, like he was still clutching his ghost. He had lost his constant. Bakugo felt guilty for mourning someone who may not even be dead, deep down he knew the damn nerd would never give up like that, but the way he fell so limp, the way his mouth hanged open without a sign of a breath being released. And the kiss, fuck the kiss. Bakugo felt mocked by the world, by getting what he had craved for so long, then get it ripped from him. The world felt cold, everything felt dead. He was shaking with frustration, why was it taking so damn long.

Bakugo tried his best to hide the soft tears that cascaded from his contactless cheeks, his skin craved for the hand to return. His classmates could feel his misery, they glanced to see small drops of tears fall onto his bloody jeans. His mouth twisted into a snarl of anger. The class had gathered that the anger he portrayed was just a front, inside he was just worried and scared for midoriya. No one would have wanted to be in his shoes, and no one could understand. So they waited in silence, it had been over 3 hours of the faint sound of the ceiling fan going about it's job, mocking them. Occasionally Aizawa would step outside, the class expecting news when he returned, but he was equally frustrated as they were when he returned empty handed. The distant sound of nurses rushing past their room gave them a shot of anxiety, making bakugo get angry each time.