Time

Ford and I stay up most of the night talking, while I try to get his mind off Debbie. Ford laughs, "you know it's crazy, Bill thinks that I have a thing for you."

I nod, "he's mentioned that to me a few times."

"That I have a thing for you?"

"That and he seems to think I have a thing for you." I shake my head as I finish my third glass of wine, Holden on his fifth.

"I have to say, I was a bit jealous seeing Brassel flirt with you at the bar."

"Why?"

Ford shrugs, "I'm not sure. I just didn't like it."

I click my tongue, "sounds to me like you're jealous, Ford."

"Alright, maybe I was a little jealous."

"Of Brassel or me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Let's face it, Holden, you are a beacon of me me me," I shake my head and stand up to take the glasses back into the kitchen.

When I turn Ford learns against the counter, "so what if I am?" He chuckles and shakes his head, "who or what did Bill accuse you of being jealous of?"

"Debbie," I shake my head and look down.

"That's crazy. Really?"

"Yeah, really. Why would I lie about that?"

Ford shrugs, "I don't know, but it would explain why you never come out with us after that first dinner with us and Wendy, and why it was a little tense that night."

"I didn't think you noticed, back then you were all about Wendy." I do my best to do an impression of Ford, "I want to hear what Dr. Carr has to say about this. I think she'll have some great insights on this case," I laugh.

I walk back into the living room but as I do, Ford grabs me from behind and picks me up, "you know what," he laughs, "let's test those fighting skills Bill was boasting about." Ford gets me to the floor and pins my hands above my head, "how are you going to get out of this?"

I smile up to him, "with patients." Ford looks to me a bit confused, "you can't do anything with both your hands holding mine. So I'm just going to wait until you move."

"That's no fun," Ford shakes his head, but he doesn't get up, "so were you really jealous of Debbie?"

"I don't know."

"Come on, I told you that I was jealous of Brassel."

I sigh and shake my head, "maybe I was a little jealous."

Ford laughs, "I knew it," as he makes this comment he sits up.

When he does I wrap my legs around him and roll us over, "and that's how it's done."

Ford looks up to me surprised for a moment, "impressive." He sits up, with me still on his lap. "Why were you jealous of Debbie?"

"I don't know," I shake my head.

Ford nods, "was it because she got to do... this..." Ford cups my cheeks and kisses me softly, I keep my eyes closed and wait for him to pull away, but he doesn't, and soon I find myself kissing him back.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. When I look around I notice that I'm on the living room floor, but Ford isn't next to me. I get up to turn my alarm off before I hear something in the kitchen. When I get there, I realize that Ford had dropped an egg and was cleaning it up. I wait a second before clearing my throat, "good morning."