Chapter 25

Ariana

The next two days flew by, and finally, the day I'd been eagerly waiting for had come.

The game is tonight and the whole school has been bustling around, getting everything ready for both the homecoming dance tomorrow night and the game this evening.

The cheerleading team and I were given the entire day to practice outside with our routine. It's clear that this game holds a special place for us, so our principal granted us this special privilege.

The same goes for the football team, who have been hard at work since the morning, sweating it out on the field during their training.

We all took a breather on the bleachers, letting our tired bodies relax after a solid five-hour practice session.

Some of the girls were glancing across the field, observing the football players in action, showing off their toned muscles and abs.

"Ready for tonight's game?" I turned to Shay and Joanna, who were seated beside me, and flashed them a smile.

"Born ready. Can't wait for the game to be over so we can fully enjoy the homecoming dance," I said, and they both shared an excited squeal. I chuckled and grabbed my water bottle from the ground, right next to my leg.

"Between all the practice and hanging out with Josh, I've been swamped this week. Haven't even found the perfect dress yet," Joanna voiced her concern while resting her head on her knees.

"Same here. How about you, Ari?" I shrugged casually and took a sip from my water bottle.

"Lucy, my personal designer, is swinging by my place later with her latest designs. I get to choose any dress I want for the homecoming dance. You two should come with," I mentioned, and their eyes widened with awe as they realized the opportunity.

"Seriously? You're letting us come along to pick our dresses?" Shay and Joanna both exclaimed, their excitement palpable as they wrapped their arms around me.

"Alright, alright, save the hugs for later. Let's squeeze in one more practice session. Let's go, ladies!" I stood up, and we all got back to rehearsing our routine.

******

After school, the girls and I quickly made our way home. Lucy was already there with a collection of beautiful dresses, still neatly stowed in their bags.

It took us most of the afternoon to sift through the options and finally settle on the ones that flattered us the most. Once decided, the girls rushed home to prepare for the game, and I followed suit.

I showered, did my makeup, and slipped into my cheerleading outfit. I styled my hair in a high ponytail, curling the ends with a curling iron and adding a blue and silver ribbon to the hair tie.

Satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my bag with a change of clothes and hurried out of the house, jumping into my car and driving to the school where the game would take place.

Upon arrival, I scoured the parking lot for a spot, maneuvering through the crowd to find an empty space due to the jam-packed parking situation.

I pushed my way through the enthusiastic crowd, heading for the bleachers where the game was about to unfold.

"Alright, everyone here? Let's do a roll call, starting from the back," I announced to the squad members, who had gathered in the locker rooms. They began calling out their names one by one.

"Perfect!" I clapped my hands together, positioning myself in front of the lineup with a smile.

"Here, Ari." Jamie, a fellow squad member, handed me a large banner adorned with our school logo and motto.