Chapter 30

Tristan

"Alright guys, let's wrap it up for today. Good job everyone!" Coach called out, giving us pats on the back as we headed back to the locker rooms after training.

Honestly, I wasn't all there during practice. My mind kept wandering back to Ariana's stunning face, like a broken record playing in my head.

I threw on a shirt, snatched my bag from the ground, and grabbed my water bottle.

"Off somewhere?" Josh appeared next to me, grabbing his stuff from the ground and raising an eyebrow at me.

"Gotta catch Ari. Waiting for her after her practice," I said, grinning.

"Oh, I see. Alright then, let's roll. They're probably done by now."

We strolled across the field to the other side where the cheerleaders were doing their thing.

Climbing up the bleachers, we took a seat and watched from above. The cheerleaders were busting moves that only they seemed to get.

Ariana was leading the charge, the center of attention. Her confidence was a sight to behold. Proudly, I grinned at her—that's my girl.

Ariana

"And five, six, seven, eight!" We clapped, wrapping up our new routine. I beamed at everyone.

"Alright, that's a wrap!" The relief in the mumbles as they headed to the bleachers for their bags and water bottles was palpable.

"Nice work, huh?" Shay said, hands on her hips.

"Yeah, I think we aced it. A couple more practices, and we're all set for the next game."

"Awesome. Oh, Tristan's here." Joanna gestured behind me. Turning, I saw him seated in the bleachers with Josh.

They seemed fresh from football practice, too.

I grinned to myself, making my way over to the bleachers. Tristan stood as our eyes locked, descending from the bleachers with his training bag slung over his shoulder to meet me.

"Hey. How's the action over here?" I shrugged, glancing at the rest of the girls still gathering their things outside.

"Decent. How 'bout yours?" Tristan stepped closer, shrugging as well.

"Same old, same old." He brushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear, leaning in.

"You look hot right now, with the wild hair and sweat," he teased. I chuckled, running my fingers through my hair.

"I do feel hot and could use a cold shower." He smirked and tugged at the collar of my t-shirt, pulling me closer for a kiss.

Right then, I realized I had everything I needed right here. With Tristan by my side, and he always would be.

Finally, someone who genuinely liked me for me.

The End