Flowers

Merlin was gathering herbs for Gaius and the cook, yes he was actually gathering herbs this time not in the tavern, Gaius. Merlin hummed as he skipped around piking herbs, spices, and mushrooms. Merlin like to pick mushrooms since they always seem comforting. He sat down as he sucked in the beautiful view as the sun rose. He had woken up early since he usually needs to get Gwen a fancy breakfast to impress her for Arthur. Gwen usually finds out Merlin was the one to bring the breakfast and Arthur usually smacks him for that. He sighed as remembered last time.

Merlin was awoken by the sound of Gaius preparing breakfast. He groaned and turned to get into a comfortable position. He then jumped up as he remembered Arthur's order. He was to get Gwen a sweet breakfast and leave immediately. He dressed quickly and ran out his room. "Good morni-, where are you going merlin." Merlin began to run out the chamber while fixing his scarf, "Arthur asked for Gwen's breakfast." He slammed the door shut as he ran to the kitchen. "Merlin, Arthur's breakfast is still cooking." "Yes, I only need Gwen's" he quickly responded. She handed him the tray with a sigh. He quickly takes it and carefully runs to the king's chambers. He hopes he isn't late as he gets nearer to the door. He opens the door and see an annoyed Arthur. "Took you long enough!" He whispered. He took the tray and looked back. "Merlin." He said with a toxic voice. "Where are the flowers I asked for?" Merlin's face went white as he began to stutter. Gwen moans and began to rise. Arthur quickly gestured Merlin out. Merlin quickly ran out accidentally closing the door to loud. "Hmm?" Squeaked Gwen. "What was that?" She asked as she look at the door. Her eyes locked at Arthur and she smiled. "Is that for me?" She asked with pure happiness in her voice. "Uh, yes! Here you go milady." He said as he placed it on her lap. She smiled and looked up at him, "Did merlin bring this to me?" Arthur stopped and began to stammer. She smiled and yelled out, "Thank you, merlin!" Arthur glared at the closed door. Merlin smiled as he rested his head on the wall and silently stayed sitting outside the chamber's door.

Merlin snapped out of it, he must have been sitting there for ten minutes. He jumped up and ran toward the castle with his basket. He first dropped off the herbs for Gaius and then began to run to the kitchen now only carrying a bag, instead of a basket. As he was running he saw Arthur walking in the hall. "Oh Arthur. You're dressed! Is the world ending?" Arthur 'playfully' smacked Merlin and said, "I'm not as useless as you merlin." Merlin sighed and raised and eyebrow. He had expected him to ask him for Gwen's breakfast. Yes it's true he doesn't always deliver her breakfast but it isn't rare. "Oh! Uh, I brought you these." Merlin pulled out the bouquet of flowers with a huge smile. Of course merlin didn't bring it for Arthur but he expected him to know what he meant.

Arthur looked down at the flowers as his cheeks flushed. "Oh, thanks merlin. That's odd." He said as he avoided eye contact and took the flowers. It was time for merlin to be confused. "Wha-?" Merlin looked at Arthur and realized. "Oh! Oh, no! No, Arthur! These weren-!" He looked up at merlin and saw his lovely blue eyes. Merlin's face went red "Thanks, Merlin. They are very...pretty." Arthur be van to walk away and his face became more flushed. Merlin was blushing very bad. He was embarrassed. But why? Why was he so embarrassed? They were just friends. And Arthur has Gwen. Merlin's chest went heavy. He began to walk away as he thought why he blushed at Arthur's eyes and why he felt weird thinking of Gwen with Arthur. Arthur was quickly walking away from Merlin, he didn't want his servant seeing him so..so...vulnerable. He was red, for no reason. Why was he blushing for something stupid that Merlin did. Of course! Merlin was playing with him! He would have him in the stocks! Or maybe not. He sighed as he looked at the flowers. Why was he so embarrassed. Merlin walked to the kitchen as he remembered the meaning of the flowers. He had picked flowers with romantic meanings. He just hoped Arthur won't know the meanings of the flowers. Arthur thought of the flowers as he walked to the library to pick a book; Flowers and Their Meanings; Religion and Symbolism