II.

it was just after midnight when we got to the hotel.

jimmy kept his hand on my waistline as we walked through the lobby. his band mates tried to tempt him into joining them at the bar, but he assured them that he had something much more important to do. my heart was beating a mile a minute. he'd said something about wanting to stay in my room so we'd have extra privacy.

"please excuse the mess, I wasn't expecting company," I said, clearing some things off of the nightstand and the dresser.
"mine looks way worse, I assure you," he said, laughing.

he'd gotten comfortable on my bed, and I got on the phone and ordered drinks. a bottle of jack and two shot glasses were brought to the room.
"heavy stuff first, huh?" he asked, smirking at me.
"why? are you worried you won't be able to handle it?" I asked him, popping the top off of the bottle; I was feeling flirtatious.

"I'm worried I may not be able to keep up with you," he said.
I smiled at him. "smart man."
he laughed and pulled me into his lap, his arms around my waist, my arm draped over his shoulders. we each did a shot, and then another, and then another. at one point I looked down at him, his face becoming more strange and beautiful the longer I looked at it, and without much thought I pressed my lips to his, kissing him for the very first time.

we kissed for a moment before breaking away from each other and taking a few more shots. before I knew it, we were completely drunk and only halfway dressed, and we were making out on the bed. we'd both started to break a sweat from the whiskey, and from the heat of the moment.

"jimmy, I need you," I said, my words running together. I could barely form a sentence but I knew that he wanted it too.
"are you sure?" he asked, his speech slurred. I nodded and reached for his hands, guiding them to the waistband of my underwear. he gently slid them off of me and tossed them onto the floor.

"are you really sure?" he asked again; he looked nervous. I snapped out of my drunkenness for a split second and stared at him.
"jimmy, you're a famous rock star lying in bed with a naked girl, why the hell are you faltering?" I asked him.
"I like you," he mumbled, meeting my gaze.

"what?" I asked, needing to hear it one more time.
"I like you. you're not a groupie. you're nice. I like you, and I don't want you to think I'm using you," he said, struggling to hold his head up. my heart broke a little. I nudged him to lie down, and he laid his head on my chest.

he wrapped his arms around me and held onto me, and I ran my hands through his beautiful dark hair.
"I was right about you," I said, rubbing his back and nuzzling the top of his head.
"what do you mean?" he asked, meeting my gaze with his beautiful green eyes.

"when I read your palm, I could tell that there was this lovely side of you that you rarely show. but when you continued to hold my hand - when you held it for as long as you did, like you were afraid to let go - I knew. and I'm very lucky to have been given the opportunity to see that lovely side, because it's beautiful. you're beautiful."

"is it okay if I hold your hand some more?" he asked me softly, raising his hand a little.
"of course." I gently took his hand in mine, interlocking my fingers with his.
"that feels nice," he whimpered, and I felt him slowly start to fall asleep.
dear god, I thought, I'm in love with this man.

I remembered then that I was completely nude and so was he, but I didn't feel exposed or vulnerable. I'd just met him by chance only hours ago, but I felt like I'd known him my entire life. I pulled the bedspread over the two of us and held him close, and I fell asleep as well.

-

the realist in me expected him to be gone when I woke up, but the optimist in me hoped that he had stayed.