Chapter 1: the memoir

CHAPTER ONE
"the memoir"

______________

nefertari's pov

nefertari's pov...

I realized that it was already dawn and unexpectedly I found myself in the middle of the Pillar forest. I should stop for now. After a second I heard my stomach growling in an instant. "Now I'm famishing."

I actually don't eat anything Izana's maidservant gives me, so it's not surprising that I'm currently starving.

But in addition to being hungry, I also need to slow down for a while. However, I am unable to simply pass out in this forest, which is open to any violent animals. Specifically, the imperial guards might easily locate me here.

I persist on walking to I don't know where it will steer up until a house seize my surveillance.

I push aside my curiosity and approach the house, but from the looks of it, no one might have stayed here for a long time while at the same time the house is still well maintained. "Who on earth fabricates a house in the midst of the forest? And aside from that, they constructed it in the forest where treacherous undomesticated animals are notable."

I knocked at the door, making sure that someone might be in there, yet no one answered, which made me come to the conclusion of putting off the latch of the door.

I took a quick look inside as the door creaked open wide. I cried, "Uh, is anyone in here? If so, I wanted to ask for forgiveness for invading your home." but all it did was reverberate through the corridors. Sighing, I beckon myself inside.

When I turn to face the room, I notice that it is filled with furnishings, suggesting that someone resides here.

"Maybe someone lodged in here and I just confidently enter." I whispered, but it also made me giggle a little, realizing I had just entered someone's house without permission.  I shouted once more in the hopes that someone would respond, but no one did. "You don't mind if I stay here for the interim, do you?" I asked.

what would I expect...

I took a while off and went to the dining room. I then look at my bag where I glance my mother's memoir, I then decided to put my mother's memoir on the dining's table. I discovered this memoir under my bed just before fleeing, so it's a good thing I took it with me when I left the imperial palace. I merely took a quick glance at the red journal, which bore Victoria Heldegard's name and signature.

I muttered under my breath, "Mother, why leaving this journal and not telling me where you are?" I then decided to read what she had written in this memo.