Chapter 5: dawn chevaliers

CHAPTER FIVE
"dawn chevaliers"

_______________

nefertari's pov

nefertari's pov...

"I apologize if that's the only pair of garments that we have, since we actually don't have any women's clothes here, which is clear, considering that there just happen to be men that reside here." the guy who had crimson hair stated. I then turned to take a look at the hefty clothes I'm wearing right now. All I could do was smile. The clothes I wear are bigger than me. However, it's comfortable for me too, same with the pants, but I must tie them behind, to ensure they can accommodate my waist and body properly. I afterward replied, "No, it's alright, that dress was already submerged by the rain, and I could get cold if I wore it throughout the rest of the night." I'm actually grateful for how they still welcome me despite the fact that I'd abruptly fled from them before. I feel quite uncomfortable coming back here too, particularly considering my abrupt walkout—or should I say, runaway—earlier. I suppose that my predicament—being pursued by and engaged in combat with those imperial guards—made me more prone to feeling anxious. Thanks to that man, Dion—who rescued me a while ago, when I was nearly hauled back to the palace. Tsk. All of this occurred rapidly.

"So, you know, we heard from Dion that you were being hunted by the imperial guards? can you explain what's going on and for what reason? If it's convenient for you?" questioned the man with the brownish-red locks as he offered me a cup of green tea. I did nothing other than stare at it as I cautiously grasped it between the palms of my hands. Perhaps right now is the moment for me to come up with instances and mislead them, as badly as I would prefer not to. Nevertheless, the circumstance leaves me with no alternative. They're my only hope... I think? And another reason is that I also required lying to the fact that these men who encircle me are noble-haters. I cleared out my throat and took a gust of my tea. "Well, I stole something valuable inside the palace, and they caught me doing it." I clarified. Trying not to look any of them in the eye directly. I believe that a single individual can determine if you're lying once they see your eyes, since eyes can tell everything what the mouth cannot tell. "Something priceless? you mean that damp dress right now?" questioned the same man again. I turned around to face Dion, who simply stared at me while leaning against the door, paying attention. My fabrications ought to be related to the answer I provided Dion earlier. One incorrect piece of information. I'm dead with this lad, he sure is a sharp listener, I can tell. "Uh yes...sorry, it's somewhat uncomfortable to admit about it." I remarked as I poured another cup of tea to settle myself down. When did I even know how to lie? I even had no idea how to steal, the fuck.

"Are you going to sell that dress to the city or any villages?" questioned the one with white hair and sea-green eyes, who looked like a merman. "Well, maybe, yes, but now I believe it'll be difficult for me to sell it because it's wet and rip—wait a minute, why am I answering all of your questions when I don't even know any of you yet?" I snap, because I'm too receptive to any replies from these strangers.