Chapter 6: city of aurora

CHAPTER SIX
"city of aurora"

_______________

nefertari's pov

nefertari's pov...

I casually yawned as I unconsciously scooted my head against Cassian's back as we rode the horse simultaneously. Merely the two of us only cruised the horse, whereas the others simply walked. I really grew weary of every single interrogation I answered the previous evening. It caused me migraines while thinking about it. Furthermore, it gives me an intense rush whilst dealing with them, partly because of the fact that the majority of my responses are a bunch of lies.

Now I'm starting to get concerned.

"Are you still sleepy?" Cassian asked, prompting me to straighten up behind him. "Yeah, kind of." I replied. "Apologies if we have to travel at this hour, but it is preferable if we begin searching for your mother as soon as possible, before night falls." Cassian explained as he fixated his perspective ahead of him, whereas I only gestured. "No, it's perfectly fine." I quipped. "Sorry if I unintentionally lean on your back, guess my drowsiness overcame the best of me." I said, peering at his back. I eventually heard him chuckle. "No, it's okay, no need for apologies profusely; to be honest, a woman deserves to rest." he stated, causing me snigger. Cassian is too polite to ever say those words, yet I vividly recall their faces when Dion jumped to the conclusion that I might be the stuff of royalty. I can't even imagine the resentment within them at that moment in time. These men are unpredictable sometimes. I continued to gaze at Cassian's back when I thought of what I had done a while ago, which made me rub on my forehead in disbelief. Ugh...it's still inadequate for me as a woman to lean on a man's back, especially when I've only recently met him or them.

"Hey Clarissa, you alright?" Hunter emerged beside the horse we were riding, constantly looking at me because I was too high for his eyesight. "I ought to be the one to inquire you that quesion, because you've been hiking for hours already, and I've just been cruising on this horse the entire way." I spoke as I glanced at him. "We're good, we've gotten used to it, taking a stroll this long, and anyway though, we really got that horse for you, knowing our journey is sufficiently long for your tiny feet." he said with a broad smile. I plainly smiled back at him.Tiny feet? I've been running from the Imperial Palace to Pillar Forest with these tiny feet of mine. Are they really that sensitive when it concerns women? I only smiled briefly before turning away.

Low key underestimating a woman. But I let this slide this time since they helped me and spare my life last night.

"So you say you're from the Twilight Empire, which part of the empire do you live?" Cassian questioned in front of me as the horse walked at its usual pace. I essentially paused for a moment. It's a good thing I'm intimately acquainted with the spatial information of Nirvana's continent and the empires that inhabit it. "I live in the Kingdom of Mysta, specifically in the village of divine sanctuary." I calmly replied. The Kingdom of Mysta is reigned by priestesses. Distinctively, The Twilight Empire is dominated by a family of mages, yet every monarchy that supports the Imperial Palace has its own coven.