n i n e

natalia

"full name" he asked me.

"natalia k. remmings" i said with absolutely zero emotion in my voice.

he had my fucking file in his hand and he's acting like my file didn't have my full name on it. god i hated this. i just wanted to fucking die in peace and make my way down to hell before anything else could go wrong.

"what's the k stand for?" the guy asked me.

"you have my fucking file. read it yourself" i spat at him.

i was not going to give this motherfucker the time of day. i was tired, depressed, and still high from the xanax i took earlier.

"karoline" he smiled. "with a k. natalia karoline remmings. that's a beautiful name. wow"

i could tell he was just trying to get in good with me since we would be spending a lot of time together. i had a smart remark ready at the blink of an eye but i figured i would let the kid at least do his job. i could tell he was tired.

"thank you" i said, still with no emotion.

"okay so you're 17 years old, a foster child, diagnosed depression, multiple suicide attempts, a warrant out for your arrest, and" he paused for a few seconds. "a high school drop out" he finished his sentence.

"tell me something i didn't already know" i said under my breath but he still managed to hear me.

"listen. i know you're tired, and probably upset you're here... but i'm here to help you get through whatever you're going through. i'm here to make all of this shit easier. okay? i'm not going to lock you up or beat you or something. i just need to make sure you're okay, breathing, eating, and not self harming" he looked at me with purity in his eyes.

man. he really wanted to help me? well i guess this was his job. not to pat him on the back or anything but he's very good at what he does.

"i am exhausted. sorry for giving you such a hard time" i didn't look up from my fidgeting fingers.

maybe he wasn't so bad.