t h i r t y s i x

mattia

usually, natalia would come out for snack. i mean she did yesterday. but i understood if she didn't want to be seen after what happened earlier.

"hey mattia" i heard jackson say.

"how's it going brother" i shook his hand.

"i think you'll be very proud to know, i made a new friend" he smiled seeming proud of himself.

"is it allison by any chance?" i asked, happy for him.

"yeah how'd you know?" he sat down at the table i was sitting at.

"she came in and told me a while ago. she seemed very excited" i told him, forcing a smile.

"yeah yeah i think i'm finally going to be able to say i'm having a good time here" jackson chuckled.

a few minutes went by of the lunch ladies calling and serving tables. i see jackson turn to me out of the corner of my eye.

"how's natalia? since this morning..." he asked me, appearing worried.

"she's in her room. sleeping i'm guessing" i watched the tables shift and food get passed around.

"might want to go check on her bro. she didn't look like she was doing too well earlier" he told me and then looked over, across the cafeteria.

not long after i saw jackson look around the room, i see hannah, bella, and allison walk in. hannah walking up front of course, bella and allison following her. a triangle almost.

"girls" i spoke.

"hi mattia" allison said happily.

"no. we don't talk to that fuck face" hannah pulled allison's arm away from our table.

"that was odd" i said to myself.

"i'm gonna go see if i could sit with them. i can't wait to make more new friends" jackson stood up and walked to the table the three girls had sat themselves at.

i figured jackson was right, i probably should go check on natalia.