f o r t y t w o

mattia

"mattia polibio and jackson green in the meeting room please" the over head speaker said loudly.

"ah perfect" i grabbed my file, jackson's file and headed toward the meeting room.

jackson

oh no. i have only been called into the meeting room once in the past. it was because i didn't attend the mandatory breakfast. i had a really rough night and i slept in. i locked my door and slept until around 11, missing the call for breakfast. i wasn't really well known at the time so i didn't have any friends to worry about me. and mattia was working short shift hours at that time. which started around noon and ended around 8-9.

i wasn't sure what i did wrong but i had a bad vibe about the over head call to the meeting room.

"hi" i walked into the meeting room to see mattia, my probation officer, and some of the release staff sitting at a round table.

"oh i know what's going on" i smirked at mattia.

"hey jax we just wanted to have a little talk with you" he smiled and handed me my file as i sat down.

"good morning mr green. how are you today boy?" my officer asked me.

"good. really good actually. how are you doing? long time no see" i chuckled.

"i've been well. now we wanted to talk to you about your release date" he motioned for me to open my file.

"sounds good" i searched for my release date on my file. "april 12" i read the release date.

"perfect. now we would like to move that closer. is that something you would approve?" mattia asked me.

"um yes that would be great" i smiled.

"awesome. so we were thinking about moving it up to about march 4. does that sound good?" mattia questioned and then looked to my officer.

"sounds good to me" my probation officer spoke.

"yeah that's perfect. wow um thank you so much mattia i really appreciate it" i singled him out.

"of course mr green" he said in a fancy voice, while proceeding to stand up.

i was getting released next week. this meant everything to me. i could go out with all my school friends for spring break, i would be able to go into summer not having flashbacks about this place everywhere i went, i might be able to go back to school before the year ends.

"wow i'm excited" i talked quietly to myself as everyone exited the room.

i was finally going to be free.