CHAPTER:SEVEN*°~SMALL TALK*~°~

A/N

I'm going to be honest for a sec. I don't know if this book is discontinued yet and I'm sorry that I didn't tell you guys sooner.
Um so, here's a really short chapter that I never got around to publishing.

Happy reading <3
- Liv

•••

Why did I agree to this?

I still don't know how Cassandra managed to change my mind, It kinda bothers me.

It really does.

" Ugh, I can't breathe in this thing!"

"Hold still and stop winning like a baby then!"

Cassandra finally zipped up the skirt she borrowed me the last few inches.

She stepped back and pretended to wipe off a bead of sweat off of her forehead," There, you're all zipped up and ready to mingle."

I looked at the reflection of myself in the bathroom mirror and tilted my head side ways.

Not bad. Definitely not what I would wear on a regular basis but, not bad.

Cass handed me her clear lipgloss and smiled at her work," Damn you look hot!"

I really did.

I had my hair in loose curls that reached my shoulders and I had a touch of light make up on my face to make it more natural.

I had on a plain white crop top and a yellow plaited skirt that she borrowed me that was currently cutting off the blood circulation to the rest of my body.

We heard someone knock on the door of the apartment.

"That must be Drake.", Cassandra did a quick once over before answering the door.

It's obvious that Cassandra has a thing for my brother, no denying that.

We grabbed our clutch purses, locked up and went to the buildings parking.

Once there , we stood next to a 2019 Polo GTI and waited for Drake to unlock it so we could climb in.

I was about to climb into the passager seat til I felt someone poke my shoulder. I looked up from the door handle to, Cassandra looking at me with a  shy look in her usually confident eyes.

"Hey, Maddie. Do you mind if I sat next to Drake? It's cool if you don't want, but I really wanted to sit next him - but just for tonight! I swear I'll never ask you again if -"

I quickly interrupted by putting my hand on her shoulder. " Cass, it's fine. I don't mind sitting in the back, really it's fine."

I walked over to the door behind it and got in, Cassandra following shortly after.

We were immediately greated by Drake eating -what I was assuming- one of the muffins that he gave me the  time he came over our dorm room.

I scrunched up my nose," Don't tell me you're eating a week old muffin."

He looked at the muffin in his hand and said," I mean, it still tastes fine."

I made a gagging noise at that." Gross, man."

Cassandra shook her head, " The thing could be rotting from the inside out and you wouldn't know because no normal person eats stale week old food."

He just shrugged and scuffed it down his throat." I dunno. I feel like stale muffins have a little character, a lil' kick."He said and he blew a chef's kiss. " Wonderful."

Cassandra rolled her eyes and I was about to do the same when a thought struck me.

" Um, Drake?"

" HM?" He replied, checking if everything was in order before he started the car.

" Just out of curiosity..."

"Yes?", He was now starting the car, driving it out of the parking.

"When you came over on Saturday, the  muffins were fresh when you gave them to us right?"

"..."

"Right? You didn't-"

Drake rudely clapped his hands together and a little to loudly asked"Okay, who's ready to party!"

With that he turned up the music, drowning out every threat of me bashing his head in, and we were on our way.

************************************

We arrived at the party.

"Hey , do you mind looking after my stuff? I need to use the bathroom.", Asked Cassandra sitting up from the chair she was sitting on.

"I don't." I replied with a smile.

Just like that she was dashing to the bathroom.

I shook my head at my friends tastics and siped on my cocktail, drifting off into my thoughts.

A tall, tan guy with short brunette hair aprouched me and sat down next to me.

"Hey." He greeted with a small smile.

"Hi.", I replyed in a friendly tone.

" You're, Maddeline ,right?"

"Yeah, I am. Do we know each other or...?"

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Keven. Drake and I are actually roommates."

" For a second there I almost thought you were a stalker or something."

He let out a light chuckle

"Do you want a drink?"

" Don't worry, I wouldn't drug it or anything. Drake would skin me alive if I did."

That made me smile."Sure why not."

Keven grabbed us both a can of beer and handed one to me.

"Thanks."

"No problemo." He replied, flashing me with a smile.

I smiled at him and looked over at the people around us.

People were either chilling in small groups, dancing in pairs or playing beer pong. The get-together was calm and relaxed.

My attention was torn away when I heard Keven let out a chuckle next me me.

"What?" I asked," Did I spill some beer on me?" I panickly looked down onto the dress Cass lent me checking it if it got ruined somehow.

He quickly dismissed it with a wave of his hand," No, no. I just realised how hot you are, he wasn't lying when he said you looked like something out of a wet dream."

I looked at him confused and slightly uncomfortable with his words.

"Um, what do you mean by that? Who's 'he'?"

He blinked at me once, twice before replying, confusion in his voice,"Your man of course. Who did you think I was talking about?"

" My man?"

Just as I was about to ask him exactly who he was talking about, Keven interrupted me by loudly calling someone over my shoulder.

"Hey, man over here!"

...

A/N
WATTPAD UNPUBLISHED THIS CHAPTER SO I PUT IT UP AGAIN...AGAIN, SORRY
- LIV <3