part 10

Killian

Emma said yes. I hoped she would say yes, but my god is she stubborn. My stubborn girl.

“Thank god, for second I worried that your answer would be no,” I sighed in relief. She smiles.

“No I think third time's a charm,” she smiles and its the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, “Darling I believe the ring goes on my hand.”

“Right, right. Sorry, love I’m still in shock. I was worried I would get another no,” I say nervously. I gently slide the ring onto her finger and stand up slowly. It fits perfectly on her finger. She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me. I pull her close and my hands wander up and down her back. Her fingers intertwine in my hair and I release a groan into her mouth. She pulls away.

“Come on let’s go home,” she whispers. How am I so lucky to have this woman? What did I do to deserve her?

“Of course,” I grab her hand and our fingers intertwine. We get to the Jolly Roger and I open her door.

“Why thank you,” she says as she slides into her seat. I walk around and get in the car. On the ride home I catch her admiring her ring.

“Is the ring alright because I picked it out, but wasn’t sure you would like it,” I ask.

“No Killian its beautiful. I love it almost as much as I love you,” she says playfully. I just chuckle.

“I picked well then didn’t I?”

“Yes, you did,” she her smile fades slightly and turns to look out the window.

“Something wrong, love?” She turns back to me.

“No, I mean I was clear on where we stood with marriage right? like you don’t think we will wake up tomorrow, or in a week, or in a month and go get married. You know I want to finish school right?” she says a little panicked. I sigh and pull over to the side of the road. I place the car in park and turn to her. She looks freaked out. I reach out and place a hand on her face. She leans into a little bit.

“Emma Swan, I know what you want. I have heard you loud and clear. We will wait until we are ready. I knew we were in for a long engagement, but I just wanted you to know that I’m not going anywhere. I love you,” I pull her in for a quick kiss. She pulls away and takes a deep breath.

“Okay, Sorry I was a little worried you had different expectations,” she says timidly.

“A little worried? Its fine, darling. Can we head back, now?” I ask and she nods. I put the car in drive and head home.

Emma

I wake up the next morning and still can’t quite wrap my head around the fact that I’m engaged. That someday I’ll marry Killian and we’ll have a house with the white picket fence and possibly kids. That’s a slightly terrifying thought that I am going to put aside for now. I roll to my side and find Killian asleep. I curl up on his chest and and just listen to his heart beat. He wakes up a few minutes later.

“Morning,” he smiles sleepily.

“Morning sleepy head,” I giggle. We lay back and relax for a while. Eventually begin to play with my ring and keep admiring it.

“Everything alright with the ring?” Killian asks.

“Of course. Its just so beautiful and new. I’m trying to get used to it being there,” I sigh. He kisses my head.