Chapter 9: George Ivan Northcott

[Marcus POV]

Our class adviser as well as the fencing instructor gave us an hour to hone up our ability. Good thing I learned about the basics back on my previous life so the exercise that will occur later will be easier.

But there is one thing that I can't comprehend.

That man, George Ivan Northcott, who challenges my some of my classmates. Even if he had a sparring with our classmates, not even once did he won against anyone of them. He is good at it, I can see his opponent struggle but at the most dire situation, he always leave an opening making his opponent to won the match. I think even a child can win against him.

Like this one, George fell on his butt. He lose once again to my other classmate.

" I lose once again," George laughed loudly. "Maybe I won't win our exercise later,if that's the case then I want to stay in cafeteria." He said to his opponent, not minding his loss for numerous times.

"George. You have strength, I think that is the reason why your opponents struggled at first, even me." His opponent offered his hand which then George accepted. "But you need to have some techniques in order to win".

"I think I'll just leave it to my luck, I'm quite a lucky person you know?" George assured his friend but I think his friend is not believing him, seeing that friend's furrows his eyebrows.

"You are too lenient in this,George" his friend continued, " You need this as your self-defense if something ever occurred in future."

"It's fine It's fine. Bert, you are too uptight" George laughed loudly once again. "I am too lucky to have the country's future magistrate as my friend", He pat his friend shoulders repeatedly walk in opposite direction.

"Where are you going? Our break is not that long " Bert scolded him.

"To cafeteria, you want some sandwiches?"

Bert heavily sighed, "How do you manage survive 15 years of your life being that easy-going?" He tried to massage those wrinkles creeping on his forehead.

"Because you are my friend", George waved to his friend goodbye as he run towards the cafeteria.

This person was indeed lenient that his friends treat him as a kid that will bruise himself by accident if you take your eyes off of him.

He doesn't care about his surroundings and just let things happen the way it is. Are my suspicions correct? Maybe I am wrong, am I? This felt like I am running in circles.

I frustratedly brushed my hair. I must plan on how to know about him more. But for now,I think I'll practice as well.

Who should be my opponent? I looked around and saw Rick panting. Looks like he won against his opponent, I think his I'll accept his offer to be my opponent. I thought of his offer earlier as I approach to where he is.

---

Our instructor wrote our names on a piece of paper and put it in a box. Our opponent for our exercise will be random. When the instructor wrote our names on the board, Skyler and his pair will be the first one to fight. Next would be Rick and his pair.

If I won this first round then it is possible that my next opponent would be that George's friend, Bert. He seems strong, I must prepare for the worst.

"One of your male classmate is not here, I will prepare for his special exercise." Our instructor announced it to us." For now, Mr. Northcott will not have pair so he will advance to the next round."

"See Bert?" George poked his friend,"I am really a lucky person,right?"

But Bert only glared at him.

Before starting the match, the rules are laid upon us. In order to win, the first one to get 15 point by touching  the opponent's target area using foil will win and proceed to next round.

The instructor whistled, indicating that the match will now start.