Chapter 19: Another Problem

[3rd Person POV]

The celebrant is now the center of attention, he is the most handsome at that place right that even any word can't describe how he looks right now.

Skyler gave his speech to his audience– his youthful yet stern voice caught their attention. The speech filled with appreciation and kindness was applauded by the crowd.

When it ended, he greet the other invitees, including Marcus' parents but his friend is not with his family so when the formalities ended, he went straight away to Rick which was sitting along with his acquaintance.

The children of successful merchants and one of them was the daughter of top supplier of wine–Melissa Braxton.

Skyler greeted them and ask if he Rick can be with him for a while in which the others agreed.

"I thought Marcus is here?" Skyler asked Rick, moving his head to search for Marcus.

"I don't know. I greet his parents but he is not with them" Rick answered while looking for him too, "you know, his parents are kind, I can see how their expression beamed when I told them I'm his friend"

"Yeah, they also told me that to continue being his frie— hey isn't that him?" Skyler pointed at the man facing backwards in veranda

---

Marcus paced back and forth while he muttered to himself, "Nothing will go wrong right?"

He stopped and gazed at nowhere.

"Wait a minute, I will be condemned for all the crimes in the future but how come they didn't know the main boss?",Marcus rested his elbows on the railings, pondering why did the prince and others only found him.

"Even with those people that Skyler sent out to follow me according to novel, is it possible that no single reports about the main boss was sent? Why is that?"

Marcus suddenly stopped his thoughts when he heard a knock from the glass veranda door.

'Speaking of the devil', he unlocked the door and met the frown expressions of Skyler and Rick. He wanted to laugh at those faces but he decided not to since it may cause an unnecessary quarrel.

The two bombarded him with many questions; asking why he didn't meet with them and why he isolate himself in veranda.

"I just need to take a fresh air"

""For a whole hour?!""

Marcus wanted to punch himself because of his unconvincing excuse so he just put his hands over the shoulder of those two and let out a hearty loud laugh, "Now now, lets not get mad and enjoy this night. Today is your birthday Skyler, right?"

---

Marcus guided these two to where he was seated when he was poked by someone. When he looked behind, Regine was widely smiling while waving.

"Hello guys" Regine greeted. She looked at Skyler and bowed, "I wish you blessings on your special day, Prince Skyler"

"I sincerely appreciate it, Regine. Please enjoy this night as well"

Regine smiled at him and requested if she can join them which Rick and Skyler agreed.

---

Marcus discreetly watched Regine's action while she was talking to those two. It was then he noticed that George,Melissa, and Juniper went to prince, greeting him as a form of respect.

'What kind of trial is this?' Marcus closed his eyes tightly. It seems like fate has grudge against him. Why would his four suspects are sitting with them right now?

He was drowning in stress so he went to the pastries area again,hoping those sugar will calm him.

"Wow~these cupcakes are looking good." He drooled as he stared at those foods.

A pleasant and calm voice answered him,"these are made by my mom, I hope you enjoy our delicacies"

Marcus slowly raised his head that was leaning too much on sweets, when he saw a brown haired girl smiling at him

Marcus cursed under his breath. "Shit this is person is—"

The lights suddenly went out; the crowd is now in a state of commotion, no one anticipate the sudden situation, even the celebrant himself.

Marcus stared at where his seat is and he saw the prince is now talking with his aides to assess the situation.

Marcus sighed with relief and chuckled, "Good thing this prince can be cool headed at this kind of time. Seriously, he is still a kid, having those glow-in-the-dark paint on his clothes"

He stopped and looked at the prince in horror– that is when he had an inkling how dangerous was the position right now

"No way... Was this commotion planned?" Marcus thought because the part of where the paint was right at left chest of Skyler

When the lights went on, he noticed that those four are not with Skyler anymore, only Rick was.

Marcus forcefully grabbed Skyler's shoulder, "Where are they?!", But Skyler didn't know who is he talking about.

Marcus was in a pinch right now so he raised his voice unintentionally which made Skyler and Rick to have suspicions.

He left and looked everywhere so he can find them – just a single person is enough.

He ran outside with all of his might hoping that maybe one of them might be there.

The garden was wide enough for a person to get lost

But he didn't mind that

As long as he can get a piece of clue then he will do anything.

The main boss.

The reason why Skyler might be targeted

Why those four suspect gone at same time.

He will search those answers,

Just so he can live his life peacefully this time.