This Feeling

He pulled up to Brennen's apartment building and put the car into park. For a second we were silent, "I just need you to show me which floor and apartment number." Sam said getting out of the car.
I didn't argue, I got out of the car and followed him into the lobby and to the elevator. He looked at me with his finger hovering over a the button panel. "Three"

He pressed the button for the third floor and we waited. The doors opened and we stepped out, he looked at me again. "28"

He took off walking fast down the hall with me on his trail. Once we got to door 28 I stayed there and leaned against the wall a couple doors down. Sam knocked and it took a moment before Brennen's door opened.

"Hey S-"

Sam walked in and grabbed his shirt to pull him in too. I sighed and followed him in closing the door behind me.

I didn't watch as Sam punched him, —though I wanted the satisfaction— instead I went to Brennen's room to get all my stuff. I put it all into a bag I'd left here and slung it over my shoulder.
I walked back out to see Sam still hitting him. I ran up to him and stood at Sam's side.

"Sam..."
"Sam!"
"Stop!!"

He didn't listen so I went behind him and looped my arms around his and pulled them back, getting him off of Brennen.

"It's ok..." I whispered in his ear. "Look, you did it, you beat him up. You need to calm down"
He continued to struggle as an attempt to get free. Brennen started to get up, "Brennen. Get up and I'll let him go"

At that Brennen flopped to the ground.
"Sam... stop, please"
"Please Sam, please"

Sam then relaxed in my arms and I let go of him. I helped him to his feet and we walked out closing the door and going to the elevator. I picked up one of his hands and looked at his knuckles, they were split and looked sore. He pulled his hand free and hung it at his side.

"Thank you for doing that, but I can take care of myself." I said staring at the metal door
"I know that"
I nodded

We got in his car and closed the doors. Sam didn't start the car, we didn't say anything, just sat there staring out the windshield.

I slowly and hesitantly turned my head towards him and once my head was set in place he did the same.
He raised his hand to move the hair from my eyes and placed his hand on my cheek. He leaned in and I met him in the middle. I sank into the kiss and so did he. Something inside me made the moment even better... the feeling that this, this was right, me and him.