Chanel #3

No one could ever describe Izuku Midoriya as anything but a ray of pure sunshine.

The green-haired boy walked with a bounce in his step, his presence made even the saddest person smile and he was a patient listener, listening to everyone's problems and helping them find a solution.

Unless he was in battle. When fighting Izuku Midoriya was almost unrecognizable. He was a solid wall of determination. Nothing could break him. It was more of something that inspired rather than intimidated people.

So, it was impossible not to love the boy and his ability to make even a blackhole brighter. Even Bakugo did , not that he was going to admit it ever.

But Izuku Midoriya didn't always have that smile. He'd had his fair share of sadness. He knew what it was like to sink into a void of despair. To feel like he wasn't good enough. 

Not many of them knew that and he intended to keep it that way. He knew what it was like to feel useless, so he tried his best to make the people around him happy. 

If his smile made someone else feel better, then so be it. He'd never stop smiling for everyone else, no matter what he was feeling.

So, when he saw Shoto looking all emo and depresssed, he made it his personal mission to make that boy smile.

He didn't realize until much later, that it wasn't just because of his need to help everyone, it was something else.

He expected it to be a special occasion.

He, however, did not expect it to be the sports festival. Oh, and breaking all his bones.

But he felt it was worth it, when he saw one of the chains that bound the boy to his father snap, his fire quirk burning majestically as he wore a crazed smile. He looked free.

Izuku didn't remember when he'd started mimicking that smile. He knew that since Shoto was using his fire as well, it was impossible for him to win, but he couldn't care less. He'd proven his strength enough. 

All that mattered anymore was he'd gotten the cold and indifferent boy to smile in genuine happiness and it more than sufficed.

So he let himself lose. For Shoto Todoroki.

***********************

Izuku stared at his ruined hand. He didn't regret his choices. Not even once. 

He looked out of the windows watching the night lights and buildings pass by in a blur. Gran Torino was saying something but his attention wasn't quite on Earth.

Just as the train was passing by Hosu city, it stopped.

And the attacks began.

As Izuku deflected the nomu's blows, he started to piece things together.

 Villian attacks and Hosu city. What did they have in common ?

Ignoring Gran Torino's order to stay put, Izuku jumped off the train, pushing through the crowds of panicking civilians and started to run in the opposite direction of the attacks, towards the dark back alleys.

He knew why Iida picked Hosu for his internship.

Deku needed to save his friend.

A/N: 

Chap 3. Yasssssssssssss! Two updates in one day!

Let's see if i can do a hat-trick.

love you precious Pumpkins!

-Alex