CHAPTER 25

Leenah's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, my head still throbbing from the previous day's troubles. As I made my way to the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was disappointed to see dark circles and puffiness under my eyes. I looked like a zombie. I took a hot shower and got dressed in a pair of trousers, a shirt, and a kimono, finishing off the outfit with a pair of sneakers and a small backpack. I put on my glasses, hoping they would hide some of my zombie-like appearance.

After taking care of my morning routine, I left for work. As I arrived at my office floor, I was greeted by Jasmine, who had arrived before me as usual.

"Good morning, Jasmine. Could you please forward my schedules for today to my email? I have a terrible headache and don't want to be disturbed," I said, not looking at her.

"Of course, I'll send them to you right away. If there's anything you can't handle, just let me know. That's my job. I'll also get you some coffee and medication. Maybe it will help with your headache," she said worriedly and sweetly.

"Thank you," I managed to mutter.

Jasmine brought me my coffee and forwarded my schedules for the day. When I saw that I had a meeting with Noor scheduled for 2pm, I knew I couldn't go. I called Jasmine and asked her to attend the meeting in my place, explaining that I didn't feel well. She agreed and I was unable to even feel grateful.

I was struggling to figure out how to get my phone back from Noor when there was a knock on the door.

"OMG! Leenah, thank goodness you're here! I was so worried about you. I sent you messages yesterday but you didn't respond," Adil said worriedly.

"Hello, Adil. And my phone is still with Noor, I mean the boss. He hasn't returned it to me yet," I said sarcastically.

"Oh no! I've been wanting to talk to you about him. Yesterday he called me into his office and asked me some weird questions. He wanted to know what was going on between us and even threatened to fire me," Adil said, rubbing the back of his head.

"What? He did that? He's such a pervert! I'm so sorry I put you in that situation," I said genuinely.

"It's okay, I just wanted to let you know. You seem a bit off, is everything alright?" he asked, studying my face.

"Yes, just dealing with a terrible headache," I said, closing my eyes and rubbing my forehead.

"I hope you feel better soon. I'll see you later at lunch. Oh no, I'm scared to go to lunch with you now," he confessed.

"Don't worry, I don't even know what to say... see you later," I said and he left.

I spent the rest of the morning working tirelessly on the files that Noor had sent me to work on. Is he trying to kill me or something?

It's time for lunch and prayer. I managed to say my prayer and get back to work, not in the mood for lunch or to even walk to the cafeteria.

After about 10 minutes, Adil came in with some takeaway packs.

"Hey Leenah, I know you wouldn't be able to go have lunch, so I brought you some food," he said, shaking the paper bag in his hands.

"You're such a sweetheart, Adil. Thank you!" I said, smiling sweetly at him. Adil is such a sweetheart. I find him special in a way.

"You're welcome. Be safe. I have to leave now," he said, placing the paper bag on my desk and leaving.

I called Jasmine to remind her about the meeting while I ate silently and disposed of the waste afterwards.

"Leenah, the boss sent me away and said he wants to have the meeting with you," Jasmine blurted out as soon as she opened the door.

"You didn't tell him I wasn't feeling well?" I asked.

"I did, but you know how he is. He threatened to get me fired," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Okay. Sorry about that, and thank you. I'll go," I assured her.

———————-

I was greeted with mean stares from Noor's assistant as I walked past her and knocked on his office door, swinging it open.

"Hi, greetings to you, sir! We are supposed to have a meeting here in your office, right?" I said, almost phrasing it as a question.

"Lee, listen to me. What happened yesterday..." he started, but I cut him off, feeling disgusted.

"Please, sir, I'm just here for the meeting. Here are the documents regarding the issue with our partners," I said, handing him the documents.

"Lee! Just listen to me," he said desperately.

"I see that you have accepted the proposal they made and invested some millions. I noticed that we need to work on our end or else..." I started, completely ignoring his request, but he hit the table so hard that it made me trail off.

"You have to fucking listen to me. My assistant spilled something in my coffee, which is why I acted that way. I might be a bit of a bad guy, but believe me, I won't go that far with you," he shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Hahaha! Wow, Noor, I can't believe you! Don't expect me to fall for that. Sorry... sir?!" I said, raising my eyebrows.

He stood up from his seat and walked towards me.

"I swear I'm not faking it, Lee. It wasn't my fault. Please believe me, just this once," he said, rubbing his palms together.

"Okay. So... will you check out the documents?" I said, changing the topic.

"Yes! I want us to go out. You can call it a date, but there's something I want to discuss with you," he said, making himself comfortable in the chair.

"Me? Go out with you? After all the crap you've pulled?" I said, smiling sardonically.

"You still don't believe me? Is that it? Azra can come along if you want, but please just accept this, okay?" he said politely.

I ignored him and turned to leave when he called out my name.

"Yes???? Sir?!" I said, smiling.

"Don't you ever send your assistant to me when we have a meeting, okay?" he said, clenching his jaws.

"Okay," I muttered and rolled my eyes.

He just shook his head and pulled something out of his trousers, handing it to me. My phone, Good.

I took it, grinning from ear to ear as I looked at it. I didn't even thank him, but just stormed out of the office.

————————-
Noor's POV
I asked Leenah out and I really want to make up for what I did. Not what I did, but what the substance in my coffee made me do. She's acting like a cold bitch, but I deserve it. Acting like I don't know her must have really hurt her a lot.

I wanted to talk to her about her relationship with Adil, but decided against it as it isn't the right time. She stormed out of my office when I handed her the phone, without even saying thank you or something. I love her smile; it just calms me down. I don't know what I'm becoming or what I'm feeling, but Leenah isn't just like any other girl I've met. My hormones rage when she's with Adil, I hate seeing her tears, and I don't like stressing her. She looked all worn out, her face showing it.

I pushed all thoughts of Leenah aside and decided to contact my cousin Imran. It's been a long time since I heard from him.

"Hi man. You still alive?" I said when he picked up.
"Yes, buddy. You have no idea," he said, chuckling.
"Ahh, what's up with you?" I asked.
"You know... I think I'm in love," he said happily.
"You? What? And..." I started, but he cut me off.
"Forget that. She's all sweet and she's taking up a lot of my time. We spend a lot of time together and... huh! I'm just in love, but she doesn't know," he said, laughing.

"What? You've got to be kidding me, man! We need to hang out and I want to know everything about the girl that stole your heart," I said, unbelieving.
"Sure, man! Later," he said and hung up.