09- baseball

Ashton walked towards the party of three he had noticed. Calum saw him approaching first and whooped in victory. The two high-fived and started talking about what was just witnessed.

Evelyn stood close to Finley, who was listening in on the conversation and occasionally joining in. She realized she was still gripping Finley's arm tightly and loosened her hold.

Evelyn was extremely glad Luke had won, she was terrified he wouldn't. Snapped out of another daydream, Evelyn heard Ashton talking.

"Wanna go wait in his room with me?"

Evelyn nodded shyly, a small blush coating her cheeks from the wink and very suggestive wiggle of Finley's eyebrows.

"Are you guys coming?" she asked the other two. Calum spoke for them both, "Yeah we'll be up soon."

Calum looked away as Ashton began leading Evelyn out of the crowd and she looked back directly at Finley and winked back, earning a middle finger from the girl. Evelyn laughed as she continued following behind the dirty blonde.

They made it to the metal door that led to the second floor. Ashton let go of Evelyn's arm and held the door for her to step through it. She waited for him to come through and they made their way up the stairs to the fighter's room.

He took his place on a chair by the door while she sat on the end of the couch. A few minutes later the door opened and the two looked up at who was entering.

Luke opened the door fully to step inside and closed it behind him and looked up, immediately spotting the girl sitting on his couch. He tried to not show his surprise, though by the smirk placed on his friend's face he wasn't so sure he was successful.

"How much," Ashton asked. The blonde knew he was referring to the thick, yellow envelope in his bruised hands. He easily replied, "$25,000."

Ashton wolf whistled, "Damn, that gotta be the most you've made."

Luke hummed and placed the envelope on a small table as he walked over to his fridge. He pulled out a beer and popped the cap off on the side of the fridge. He spun around and took a sip as another voice spoke, "That's really impressive."

Luke swallowed and pulled the bottle from his lips and shrugged and said, "It's nothing."

He was unsure if the warmth that spread through his body was from the alcohol or the small girl sat on the couch—he decided it was the alcohol. He placed himself on the other side of the small couch, all other seating options taken—not that he was necessarily complaining.

"I'm gonna go find Cal," Ashton said as he pushed himself off the chair. Luke sipped his beer as Ashton was closing the door. He paused and looked at Luke and smirked again.

He needs to stop fucking smirking at me, Luke thought as he rolled his eyes and took another swig if beer. Ashton closed the door, leaving the other two in silence, the only sounds were faint chattering from the lower floor.

Evelyn felt awkward in the silence. Luke was sitting on the other end of the couch slouched with his legs stretched and crossed at the ankle, his left hand resting on his still bare stomach and the right rested on the arm of the couch with his glass bottle clutched tightly in his grip.