Chapter 20 - Vampires

Chapter 20 - Vampires

Summary: A break in attempt at the Billiomaire's mansion ending in failure.
Warning: Cursing

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diego's POV:

"Taxi! Taaxxxiii!" I called, waving my hand to try and get one of the yellow cars to stop.

"This is why I hate New York." John grumbled.

"We've never been to New York though." Elijah stated.

"Well, I've seen how it works in movies."

"Movies are highly inaccurate about a lot of things."

"Not about this."

"John has a point." (Y/N) agrees. Elijah sighs in exasperation.

Finally, a cab stopped. I opened the door and stood outside as I spoke to the driver, allowing the other three to hop inside. Once I got the information I needed, I hopped into the taxi with the others and we went on our way.

It's about a 20 minute drive to the billionaire's mansion. Thankfully, there were other mansions along the way there, so we got off at one of them just before the billionaire's house that we were going to sneak into. As soon as he drove off, the four of us went and hid in the trees.

The plan was to sneak into the mansion, and take the crystal shard that was hidden there. (Y/N) and John were the most capable for that job, and so they would sneak in while we would keep a lookout.

(Y/N) and John crept out from the bushes we were hiding in towards the backyard of the mansion where there were some statues hanging and some topiary. Meanwhile, Elijah and I start on going in the opposite direction where we could get a better view of the others' break-in attempt. We were still under the covers of the bushes however.

Everything was going well, or so we thought until a net suddenly snapped around the two, immediately capturing them.

"Damn it!" John yelled.

Out of shock I took the step out of the cover we were hiding in and ended up getting myself caught in a net also. Elijah, who had crept from the bushes, avoiding the nets, tried to quietly cut me free but dart lodged itself in his shoulder and a moment later he fainted.

"Elijah!"

More darts came flying at us, one hit me and a sudden wave of exhaustion rule over me. It was getting harder and harder to focus. I just wanted to... Sleep...

I sagged as my consciousness left me, any attempts at fighting it were pointless.

*A Time skip through POVs! Bet you've never seen that... jk, you probably have*

(Y/N)'s POV:

I blinked slowly as my vision came back. What did they put in the darts to knock someone out? Much less, someone of my caliber. Wait... I'm not in the net anymore...

Panic immediately swelled up in me as I tried to gain focus of my surroundings. I was on a couch, but it was a fancy couch. Ropes bound me to it, and they bound my arms and legs as well. John, Elijah, and Diego were next to me, still asleep, and also bound like I was, but unharmed. I sighed in relief.

Slurp

My gaze flickered upwards at the noise. Sharp ice blue eyes met mine. The man facing me continued to sip at his tea watching for any signs struggle I think. His blond swept hair was neatly combed on his head and his blue suit looked like it was freshly pressed. It took me a second before I realized who this was. Rondal Dulmpt, aka, the billionaire with the shard we needed.