Chapter 6: Unexpected Training

Several hours later

Once all the girls get up (F/N), they all go down to have breakfast. The butlers have prepared more of a feast then a simple meal. It includes bacon, eggs, toast, french toast, pancakes, muffins, waffles, sausage, four kinds of fruit, and more. (F/N) tells them, "Enjoy the food, but don't stuff yourselves. We are going to go training soon after this." While they are all eating (F/N) notices the butlers and maids just standing there. He asks, "Aren't you going to have any." "No my lord we could never eat at the same time as such a high being as you. It would be disgraceful. We will wait to eat until you all have finished and we have cleaned up." (F/N) speaks slightly louder, "That is not necessary. You are all my servants. While you may not be house members, that does not make you any lower than me in my eyes. Come and have food as well. I can tell you worked hard on it and are hungry." The servants happily rush forward to eat, famished from all the hard work they have been doing.

After breakfast (F/N) leads his peerage out to a clearing in his domain. He says, "Alright so here is your training today. Irina as a knight one of your biggest assets is your speed. In addition you need to show skill in swordplay. I am going to have you work on these two things today. To do so you will run to that tree over there as fast as you can starting at this magic circle. There is a sand bag on a rope over there that will begin to rise up into the tree as soon as you leave the circle. You need to make it to the tree and get the sandbag down without breaking it, or using your wings to reach it. Cutting the rope with your sword is probably the best option. Once you have succeeded in doing this a squirrel at the tree will chew a hole in the bottom of the bag. You need to carry the bag with the hole pointing straight down back here and put it in the circle before all the sand drains out." Irina says, "That doesn't sound so bad." (F/N) smiles and says, "Glad to hear it. Next is Koneko. You are a rook, which primarily relies on strength and endurance. I want you to carry two of these sandbags laying here to the tree that Irina is running to. Don't get in her way as you go. Then you are to climb up the tree hanging onto these bags and tie them to branches in the tree. I want you to keep doing this process until either twenty of these sandbags are hanging in the tree, or Irina finishes her task. Note that if Irina cuts down a bag and fails to make it back here in time, one of the bags you have hung will be the next one she has to cut. This will reduce the number of bags that you have hung, as you must have twenty in the tree to finish before Irina." "What if a branch breaks and a bag falls?" Koneko asks. "You climb down and carry it back up the tree finding a new branch," (F/N) replies. "Now as for Ravel you are a bishop. As such using magic is your primary skill. However, being in good enough physical shape to avoid attacks and not rely on magic alone is also important. I am going to have you simply shoot spell after spell away from Irina and Koneko until either Irina, or Koneko finishes their task. If you run out of magical energy in the process then I want you to run back and forth to the tree that Irina and Koneko are going to until Irina finishes," (F/N) explains. "Now as for you Murayama. I would like to teach you how to use magic and see what potential you have. So I am going to be training you on how to use basic magic." Murayama asks, "Is that it? I just have to work with you and try to learn magic." (F/N) responds, "For now that is it. If you seem to have a skill for it then in the future you will have more magic based training, if not then their tasks will be more physically based." (F/N) wishes the three girls the best of luck and walks a little ways off with Murayama.

Irina says, "This won't take long." She steps into the circle and then takes off towards the tree. When she gets there she doesn't see a bag anywhere. The squirrel (F/N) mentioned says, "Oh you got here kind of slow. The bag will likely be out of your reach within 20 seconds or so after you leave the circle. It took you about 40 seconds to get here." Irina says, "Okay I guess I have to run a lot faster." She heads back to the magic circle to try again.