Chapter: 9

Brandon's P.O.V.

Leo told me that Jane is the CEO of LiveTech. My eyes nearly popped out. I looked at Jane as if she was a goddess. She smirked and said, "Listen, it would be better if don't tell this to every person you meet." I said okay. Then she said, "How about you guys come to tomorrow night's party?" "And be the third wheel? No, thanks," I said. "You can bring your boyfriend, what's his name again?" she said. "Henry."

When I told Henry about it he said that he was busy that night with Evelyn and her doctor's appointments. "What are you? Her slave?" I scoffed. "No. It's just...she is my sister, I don't want her to leave me, like the other one," he said. "Oh, do I sense an interesting back-story to my boyfriend?" I asked him. He nodded and said, "I will tell you when I feel like you would be able to handle it." I really didn't get what he meant by that, but I knew better than to prod.

Henry had told me to go and have fun at the party, so I tried my luck.

When we entered the room, my eyes popped out of their sockets and rolled up to Jane's feet. Jane was the same Jane, except that she was the embodiment of authority and official now. She smiled when she saw us and came over. She wore a hot pink gown, which was slit on one side. "See, I want to kick everyone in the face over here; they are all jerks," she said with her mouth almost closed. I sensed that Leo wanted to go, but also didn't want to leave me behind. "You guys can go; I don't need babysitters," I told them.

I regretted it immediately. I was standing all alone now; if you don't count Max the dog, and my glass of wine. I didn't want to drink the wine or talk to the glass so I proceeded to talk to Max. He was a very good golden retriever. I ruffled his fur and gave him the heavenly butt-scratch. I guess he understood that I was lonely, so he grabbed the sleeve of my tux and pulled me away from the party, deeper into the house.

I came across a full-length mirror. I re-calculated my look the hundredth time. I was in a simple black tux, my hair sleeked on one side. I noticed that I had tanned a little too, due to the basketball practice. I saw my chapped lips. I had a slightly sharp jaw-line, sharp enough to brag about. I also had a starter mustache, but I hate facial hair. My Rolex shined in the light. Max started to pull on my trousers now so I pulled out my phone, and took a quick picture. I don't know why I did that.

Max led me down a hallway, and through another hallway, and another. Then Max abruptly stopped in front of a room door. The plaque read: Harry's room. "Max, I don't know who the hell Harry is, but he will be mad at me for entering his room," I told the dog. Max head-butted the door, indicating that I have to open it.

"No doggy, I am so not doing that; Jane will kill me," I said. But I was a little curious. Leo told me that Jane lived all alone; with a few housemaids.

Curiosity got the best of me, I twisted the doorknob and the door swung open. 

A/N: Cliffhanger...Part 1