Chapter: 27

Henry's P.O.V.

When I came to know that Brandon would be visiting, you would think that I jumped up and down and started to get ready. But no, I really wouldn't be able to show him my face now. Jane tried to persuade me to come down for a minute, but no. I was so not going down for even a second.

But what happens if the person himself comes to your room?

You'll see.

He was lying down on my bed, ruffling Max's fur. When I spoke, he got up and just stared at me. "Hey," he said after an eternity had passed. I returned the greeting and asked again. "Max brought me here," he answered. That dog. He just knew what I wanted. "Why aren't you down in the celebration?" he asked me. "I have my reasons," I said, "Okay, now you can go, bye." "No, I mean, not so soon," he said. "Fine," I said, leaving the room. I really cannot stay in the same room as him.

I went into Jane's room and slumped down in her bed. This used to be the room where I was locked up for days on end. Jane's actual room is now her study. I hated this room, but now it's just like a souvenir from my very colorful childhood. It used to reek of wine, but now it smells of...Jane's perfume. It is also safer than before, without the broken glass and darkness, it now seems like heaven. But if the walls could speak, they would have joined a Horror Show. I used to scream my throat raw here. I used to claw at the door handles, walls, basically anything which I could find. I am pretty much sure Jane has kept something that could describe the torture I faced. I am not eager to find it; let it stay buried.

Then my mind decided to give me flashbacks. I hate them. I sat up straight and tried to think anything that was not connected to my childhood. But my breathing had already accelerated and my head was spinning. By this time, I would have been happy if I would pass out, but no. My brain won't let that happen. Sometimes it felt like it has a mind of its own. This time, it had decided to show me every single painful memory it had. I tried to stand up, but I toppled over and fell down. I saw Jane come in, and then I blacked out completely.

Brandon's P.O.V.

As it turns out Henry still hadn't completely recovered from PTSD. Well, to be honest, nobody truly can. I had gathered up my courage to tell him that it's okay now, but I find him sprawled on the floor.

You seriously don't know how scared I was until I checked his pulse and found it. I thought that he was a goner. After half an hour, he opened his eyes and fell out of the bed. How much idiocy do you need to do that? "Calm down!" I said helping him up, "You okay? Or you need serious medical attention?" "Maybe," he said. I guess that's when he realized that he talking to Brandon, the great because he stood up with a start and backed away apologizing for I don't really know what. He stumbled over a few things and then took off running.

"What's up with him?" I asked to no one in particular.

A/N: Henry has tolerated so much...I am crying.