Chapter: 20

Brandon's P.O.V.

Nope. No hope for us. Not after I saw Jake.

It was the first day of my junior year at high school. I was in my Chemistry class when he walked in. As soon as I saw him, I started the Secret Chant of the Homosexual: 'Please be gay, please be gay.' I knew I shouldn't stare, but what else could I do? He was way hotter than Henry; light brown hair with golden highlights, a jawline so sharp that it could cut me in half, chocolate eyes and probably hella-soft lips.

And then the craziest thing happened. He sat down next to me.

I somehow managed to introduce myself, and get his name too. I knew I had to break-up with Henry. I knew I'd give away that it was all a fake.

The Next Week

"Hey Bran, is everything alright?" Henry asked me when we were walking in the park. "Yeah. Sort of," I said. "Bran, please tell me what's wrong; you are not your happy self today," he said. I took a deep breath and said, "What happens if I say I cheated on you?" Henry stopped walking; he looked like he had seen a ghost. Then he swallowed and said, "You cheated on me?" "No; I did not cheat on you. It was a hypothetical question," I said, putting up my hands in defense. "Brandon, who is he?" he asked. I did not answer so he asked again. "I am not answering your questions," I said. "What went wrong? Why did you stop loving me?" he asked. "You really don't want to know," I said, backing away. "I do. Tell me!" he yelled. "See, I stopped loving you from the time I felt that you would give me up for any stupid, but a bigger cause," I told him. If he could look more hurt, he did. "You mean you faked it all along?"

"Yeah."

"Who was it?"

"Jake. He is just a mild crush."

"I am dumping you! You liar! You cheat! You dirty dog! I hate you!" Henry said, running away.

I should have been sad, but to me, the breakup seemed like a weight that had been lifted off my chest.

The Next Day

When I woke up for school, I felt so much better already. I knew I didn't have to put up a façade; that was all I wanted.

When I reached the school I saw Henry walking with Jake. I didn't believe it at first, but when Henry came to drop off Jake in Chemistry, I understood his plan.

"What was that?" I asked Jake once Henry had left. "Oh. Actually, I am not straight. We can still be friends right?" he said. I nodded.

"What do you think are you doing?" I asked when I cornered Henry after school. "If you thought that Harry Levesque was going down without revenge, then you were wrong," he said, as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Take your revenge. Do whatever the hell you want to. But dare you even hurt a hair on his head, you will regret it. Brandon Blake can be a real nightmare too," I told him and walked away.

A/N: No. Don't kill me. Please. You see, people were considering  Bran weak. He is not.