Chapter: 17

Brandon's P.O.V.

I came back home early from the practice. My mind wasn't focused. I wasn't even able to dribble the ball properly, let alone score a basket. As soon as I twisted the doorknob of my bedroom door, I heard knocking on the front door. 'Who the hell knocks on the front door nowadays?' I thought and made my way towards the door.

I saw Henry standing there.

"So, you made the choice," I said, leaning against the doorframe. "No, not exactly," he said. "Oh, then bye," I said, reaching out for the door to close it. "No, no, no, no! I mean, I made a choice, but it is a little different from the options you gave me," he said. "You can't choose both."

"I can if you let me."

"Well, sorry Romeo. I won't let you choose both. Evelyn is a manipulative wretch, by the way," I said, closing the door in his face. I heard muffled pleas and apologies but I went away.

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" I said when I saw Henry standing by the door. "I rang the bell; your mom let me in," he stated. "Well, I gotta tell her that there is a filthy dog inside the house."

"I love you, Brandon."

"Aww, so sweet; too bad, you broke my heart," I said "I didn't want to," he said. "Listen, Henry, I will still love you if you leave the Marquez. They are manipulative; they are silently torturing you and you just don't notice it because you have been treated worse. I can love you if you go back to being a Levesque. I will love you if you help in treating Jane's-oh sorry, your mom," I said, thinking of how much Jane did for me; I was pretty much sure that I could fake love for her.

That's where everything went wrong.

He hesitated and said, "That house haunts me." I rolled my eyes at the fallacy. "Henry, Jane can buy you a private island in Hawaii and you are crying over a stupid house?" He smiled and pushed me into the bed.

He kissed me; kissed me like never before. Things were heating up when the ruddy phone rang.

It was Jane. "Hey Bran, how ya doin'?" "Quite good," I said realizing that my voice was hoarse. "I told the b**ch off!" she said. "Evelyn?" I asked. "Yeah; she can talk, and cuss when she feels like she is being dethroned." "Well, that's great. Come over at my house for a nice surprise," I said looking at Henry, now Harry. "Okay," she said and hung up.

We kissed for a long time; until Jane cleared her throat while standing at the door. "This was the surprise?" she asked, smiling a little. Henry was so red that he could have as well as been dipped in red paint.

"Yeah. This is the surprise. I managed to get your stupid brother to agree to go with you." I said after I regained my composure. "What?" Jane looked at Henry for confirmation. He nodded. "Oh thank the heavens!" she exclaimed and crushed our ribs in a hug.

"Now where's Leo?" she asked.

"Swimming practice," I said and she went out of the room smiling like a huge dork. 

A/N: Love. Love. Lasts while it lasts.