Chapter 2 : Thunderstorm

After Aashi came back to Mumbai, she became busy with her work, fashion designing. A few months passed then one day, Aashi got a big project. The project called for designing a few dresses for the Prince of Jaigarh, who is also a renowned businessman and is currently living in Mumbai. It was a very big project so Aashi wanted it to be absolutely flawless. She had already designed a few dresses so, she went to show it to the Prince, before the big event. 

Before this, Uday and Aashi did met a few times but this was the first time that Aashi visited his house.

Uday niwas

At the gate, the guards asked her the reason for her arrival. Then after a few moments, a servant came to take her to the office. She knocked at the door, a somewhat young guy gestured her to come him, his face was buried behind a file he was reading, he looked like Uday. He again gestured her to sit and wait from behind the file. After around 5mins, he kept the file and turned to speak to her. Now, it was confirmed that it is Uday. He was a bit surprised at first but then he said, "Oh..it's you...you should have messaged me first, then you wouldn't have to wait for this long."

"I took the appointment instead. And if it was my personal work then I would have messaged but it's professional right? And we shouldn't be mixing the two."

"Yeah right. So, tell me, it's your first time here, how do you like this place? And what you wanna eat?"

"Actually I just had my breakfast before coming here so am full and about this place, I loved it. I always wanted to be a princess, which can't be possible in this life but being able to visit a palace is no less exciting."

"You wanna go on a house tour?"

Aashi suggested that they should go through the designs and see if any modifications were needed. Uday agreed and they discussed about the designs for 2hrs. 

At 3:45, finally the designs were chosen. Then Aashi said, "So? Won't you take me to a small house tour?"

"As you wish, princess." Uday said with a smile.

"Ohhh...you are the prince, am not a princess of anywhere." Aashi replied confusedly.

"Arrey aap koi princess se kam hai kya? Itti sundar toh princesses bhi ni hoti." He chuckled.

(Are you any less than a princess? Even princesses are not as beautiful as you are.)

"Hm...aur kuch?" She gave an annoyed look.

(Hm...anything else?)

"Seriously....yeah I know there are these really beautiful princesses out there but you do have a majestic appearance."

"Okay fine, now let's go."

They went on a house tour and Aashi was elated seeing the beautiful palace. Uday also introduced her to his only sister, Unnati. They got along perfectly. After Unnati went to her room, Uday said, "Choti is....like my everything....after ma. It's not like I don't love dad, but he was too busy with business so.....we didn't got much of him."

"I totally understand you..... Although....I had parents...both of them...but..now....only a step-mother and a step-brother. But, they mostly care for the money I contribute to the family so....I chose to move out and now I live independently in Mumbai, after my studies completed."

"Everyone has there own stories, right? But it feels really amazing to have someone to share these things....I never did actually...I don't even know why am doing this now."

"Same here..."

While talking they came on the backside of the palace.  Aashi saw the weather was getting worse, there would be a thunderstorm anytime soon and it was already 4:30. So, she said, "I think I should go now. The weather is really bad and it's getting late."

"Par abhi toh humne aapko humari sabse pasandida jaga dikhayi  nehi hai."

(But, I haven't shown you my most favorite place yet)

"Accha...toh dikhayiye aapni sabse pasandida jaga."

(Okay...then show me your most favorite place)

Uday took her in front of a door and said, "I suggest you to close your eyes cause it's something really special."

Aashi closed her eyes and Uday opened the door. Then he said her to open her eyes. It was a medium-sized dark room so, it took some time for Aashi to adjust her eyes to the darkness.

As soon as her eyes adjusted, she saw that the room had a king-size bed on the left and an elongated bench cum cupboard on the right, which had a few books. The room was decorated with bonsai and a few pictures but it was mostly empty. The main attraction for her was the ceiling, which was made of glass and also, the other two walls, one opposite to the door and another behind the benches were hidden behind large curtains. Before, she could say anything, Uday said,  "Dil thaam kar baithiye kyu ki ab aapke samne pesh hone ja raha hai yahan ka main attraction."

(Hold your heart because now you will see the main attraction of this place)

Saying this much, he pulled the curtains away. Aashi was awestruck by the views in front of her. As soon as, Uday pulled the curtains, she saw the vast sea beyond a glass walls. The beauty of the sea was enhanced due to the cloudy weather.

Aashi said, "It's....it's beautiful.......I really have no words to express the beauty it holds."

"I know.....whenever am worried or sad, I come here and feel at peace. It's like my escape from reality."

"If this is your 'escape from reality' then who would want to come back to reality?"

Aashi moved forward towards Uday, who was standing near the glass door, to cherish the view outside. Uday opened the door and took her towards the shore. Strong breeze was blowing with occasional lightning.

Aashi turned to Uday, who was already looking at her. She moved a bit closer to him. Suddenly heavy rain started, they laughed for a while then, ran inside the house.

Uday closed the glass door and took two towels out from a cupboard and said, "Take this or you will catch cold."

"Um...come here for a moment." Aashi said, while signalling Uday to come towards the glass wall. Uday went to her and she held his hand and said, "I will cherish this day forever. You just can't imagine how....how happy I am today."

They both looked into each other's eyes with intense looks. They moved closer and Aashi clasped her hands together behind Uday's neck and Uday held Aashi by her waist. Aashi looked into his eyes, which still holds the same intense looks and she slowly took her gaze down. They moved a bit closer and kissed. Then, slowly and slowly they dissolved into each other's arms as the rain droplets dissolved in the sea.

                     ................................

Author's Note - This was the song I had in my mind and that was the place I imagined while writing this chapter. It's completely an imagination, though I would love to visit a place like that in reality. Hope you guys like it. Do comment to let me know how it was and vote if you like it. Stay safe and stay happy :).

Take love ❤️.