Chapter 7 : Unnati's Birthday

Aashi was thinking over all the incidents that took place that evening. She was also in the dilemma that if it is necessary for her to talk to Uday or not. Then, suddenly her phone beeped.

She took the phone and saw there was a whatsapp audio message from Unnati. She opened the message, it said - "Aashi.... I don't know why....the evening was meant to be perfect... everything was on point but then I don't know why or even how things took this massive turn....I don't know what to say right now but the only thing I can see is the condition of dada...so..... tomorrow there is a party in Udaynivas as...it's my birthday so.... Please do pay a visit because it feels like there is something more to this than meets the eye....so please..."

Aashi kept the phone aside. She was puzzled. Is Uday still acting? Is this another of his lies? Why is he doing this? Or, is Uday innocent? She was unable to get the answers and soon she fell asleep.

The next morning she woke up due to the repetitive sound of the message tone on her phone. She opened her eyes a bit and took the phone to see Uday's name. Her heart skipped a bit.

She opened his chat and saw 9 new messages. They said - Aashi....I never thought you would do this to me, leave me alone at a date.
I thought you were different.
I trusted you.
You got such a massive break in your career because of me.
It's like you just used me and left.
If you have any self respect left, then never try to contact me ever.
It's all over.
Stay away from my life.
You don't know how I can ruin your career, otherwise.

Anger and anxiety filled Aashi. Tears came out of her eyes. She can't believe Uday would say such things to her.

When she woke up and saw Uday's name blink on her phone for the first time, this morning, she felt elated and even wanted to clear the air of misunderstanding, if possible. But now, it does not seem possible at all. She knew it was her fault, to not give him a call before leaving but it's not so big of a deal that he will part ways just like that. He even wanted to use her, himself.

She took a few moments and finally made up her mind about what to do next. Firstly, she opened Uday's chat and wrote - Hm....
Bye...forever...

Then she blocked him.

After few more minutes, she wiped her tears and texted Unnati to meet her at a park, nearby. She told her to meet around 12.

She then asked Akash to come with her in choosing a gift for Unnati and she told him everything Uday messaged, on the way.

At 12 noon

Aashi was waiting for Unnati at the park. Unnati came after a few minutes. Unnati said, "Aashi... Why did you wanted to meet here first? I told you there is a party tonight and you are invited, then..."

"Yes Unnati... that's why I called you here." Aashi said interrupting her.

"Oh...okay."

"Unnati...I really loved your brother. I know I have not known him for that long but he did played a really important role in my life. But...."

"But then why..."

"No Unnati.... Please let me finish first... But then.. After what happened yesterday....I don't think..... Our paths would... Rather, should.... Ever cross. But, you will always be a dear friend to me and so..." Aashi took out a gift and presenting it in front of Unnati, said, "please accept this small gift from me.... Happy Birthday....umm....and we may never meet again so... good-bye."

"But Aashi, what about Dada?"

"...he knows.....you may do me a favor by giving him a small gift from me that I left in the same bag which contains your present..."

"Okay...if that's what you want..."

"Yes.." Aashi gave a weary smile and both of them left the park.

.................................
Author's Note : Thanks for showing so much love and sorry couldn't post earlier because of assignments and all. Hope you guys like this part. Do comment to let me know how it was and if you want me to add anything new or if there are any flaws and vote if you like it. Stay safe and stay happy :).

Take love 💝.