1.2 in which julia decides longing is best for both of them

Warnings: Swearing & Alcohol use

When Julianna didn't see Niall for three whole days, she about burst. Those feelings, the crush ones, were bubbling up inside of her and she just knew they'd come out soon.

Niall showed up wearing jeans and a sweater that all but swallowed him whole, well Julianna had a hard time keeping her cool. This time around Gordy took interest in him, sniffing at his shoes.

"I don't think we've met yet," Niall murmured, squatting to look him in the eyes. He held his hand out to let Gordy sniff him. His tail wagged as he looked up at him. Niall scratched him on the head, smiling up at Julianna. "I think we're friends now."

"Gordy is a bad judge of character," Julianna shook her head, swatting at his wagging tail. "Cut it out."

Gordy glanced at her and went back to inspecting Niall. He stood, the poem book in his hands. "I have comments."

"Oh do ya?" She asked, sitting down in her chair.

Niall sat on the sofa across from her. He shoved his hand into his pocket, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper with hand writing that could only be described as scribbles. Niall cleared just throat. "My favorite poem is on page 30. The gory one about sharp lips or something?"

"Ah," Julianna nodded. "That's a good one."

"It is," Niall agreed. He shifted on the couch, eyes scanning over the paper in his hand. "And on fourteen. I liked when you described it as a 'superfluous love affair that I didn't want or need'. It was interesting. Because it's like why didn't you want it?"

"Well I didn't want it because he was a lot older than me and..." she trailed of shrugging. "I just knew that it was wrong. The whole entire thing."

"How old?" Niall asked, eyebrows raising.

"I was eighteen when I wrote that. He must've been about thirty two?" Julianna guessed.

"There's so many things wrong with that," Niall muttered, looking up from his paper at her.

"I know," Julianna agreed. "But it's not something you understand until you're older. Me now thinks without a doubt in my mind that he was a predator. But I was too young to realize that."

"Wow," Niall murmured.

"Yeah," Julianna chuckled. "But um that's not exactly public knowledge so I'd appreciate it if you don't tell the tabloids."

"Your secret's safe with me," Niall chuckled. He cleared his throat looking back down at his paper. "And then the one graphic sex poem? Page eighty. What the fuck is that about?"

Julianna laughed, shrugging her shoulders. "I can hardly explain it. It came to me in a dream."

"Jesus fuck," Niall laughed. "Who's the lucky lad?"

"This guy I met in LA," Julianna told him with an almost disgusted look on her face. "We had a three day long love affair. Most ridiculous guy I've ever met. More ridiculous than you, even."

Niall laughed, setting his paper down on the table. He shook his head, "not sure if I should take that as a complement or what."

"Usually take whatever I say with a grain of salt. I'm full of shit. So are my poems." Julianna told him, shrugging as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Well all great stories tellers are full of shit," Niall agreed. "My songs? First seven albums all full of shit. I barely had a hand in writing them. The last two were my pride."

"Were they?" She asked. "I'd love to listen to them. Do you have copies?"

"No," Niall shook his head. "Considering I came out her to forget about those times I don't reckon I'd bring them with me."