2.2 in which hope returns

warnings: angst, swearing, alcohol use

Julianna took a deep breath, pacing around the room

Julianna took a deep breath, pacing around the room. She couldn't breathe. Her nerves were eating her alive. "This was stupid I shouldn't have said yes."

Julianna was at the end of her American book tour, taking a break in New York for Fallon. The success of her book had caught the eye of numerous radio and talk show hosts. All of which were opportunities to get people interested in her books. Her book soon became a number one best seller.

"This wasn't stupid," Margaret sighed. "This is an incredible opportunity that no one is taking from you. Not you and definitely not Niall."

"What the fuck are the odds he's here tonight?" Julianna cried, desperately fixing her dress. "God I am so uncomfortable. I'm like itching out of my skin."

"Okay okay," Margaret nodded. "Do you want to change? We can-"

"Yes please I need pants," Julianna begged, already unzipping her dress. She tossed the red monstrosity onto the couch, taking a pair of pants from her. They were her favorite pair of dress pants, tight and black and lovely.

"You packed them for me?" Julianna asked in a sweet voice, tugging them on. "I can't believe it."

"Well we have been working together for years I reckon I know you pretty damn well."

Margaret handed her a black top that was just the right amount of see-through. Julianna finally relaxed when she was dressed. Her spot was short towards the end of the show which did nothing to silence her nerves.

Julianna turned the tv on, watching the interview happening right now. Jimmy was talking to someone she didn't know, a model, she thought. The show had just started and Julianna was panicking. Gordy jumped on the couch behind her, licking at her face. Julianna ran her fingers through his fur, taking a breath.

"What do you need right now?" Margaret asked, rifling through her purse. "I hate seeing you like this. You need to calm down how can-"

"I want Niall, okay?" Julianna snapped, turning around to face her. "I want him and there's nothing I can do about it. It's over. It's done. This is easily the worst night of my entire life and nothing will make me feel better. Where's my book at?"

Margaret picked it up off the table, handing it to her. Julianna sighed, rubbing her forehead. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize," Margaret shook her head. "I understand. I'm only trying to help. I'll go grab you a coffee I know that won't help your nerves but it'll help your head."

"Okay," Julianna smiled almost weakly. "Thank you."

Margaret slipped out the door, closing it behind her. She looked both ways down the hall before walking next door to the door with Niall's name on it. She knocked twice, taking a step back. She looked over her shoulder once again.