Epilogue/Bonus Chapter

Virgil and Logan walked to their destination, the former letting go of the latter's hand and kneeling next to the headstone. Virgil ran his hand over the smooth grey stone as he let tears drip down his cheeks.

"Hey dad. Sorry I wasn't here for you, but I'm here now. Logan and I got married a year ago, so your plan did work. . . . . . . eventually. You're also gonna be a grandfather soon. Logan and I are having a baby in four months. I hope it's a boy, since I'd like to name them Nico, but I'll love them no matter their gender. Again, sorry I wasn't here for you, but I hope you're happy wherever you are," said Virgil, placing a daffodil on the ground while he looked up at the tombstone.

He felt more tears rolling out of his eyes and wiped them away with the back of his hand. He heard Logan kneel next to him and felt him place a hand on his back. Virgil sniffed before standing up with his husband. He leaned into Logan's arms as he read the headstone one more time.

Here Lays King Thomas
A beloved king, son, husband, father, and friend.
Find peace where you rest.

Virgil let the tears run down his cheeks before him and Logan left the cemetery. They walked slowly as they enjoyed the warm summer weather, both in light clothing as to not over heat. Logan was wearing a nice shirt-sleeved white shirt with a navy blue vest over it and blue tie tucked in and black pants that went just below his knees, black dress shoes on his feet. Virgil was in a light grayish teal pregnancy dress going down to just above his knees with pale pink and white flowers on it, slip-on white shoes to complete the look.

Once back home in the castle they made their way to their large room and simply relaxed, Virgil going to lay down in their bed because his back and hips were hurting from the sizable baby growing in him. Logan was hovering over Virgil and practically waited on him hand and foot, tripping over himself several times which caused Virgil to giggle.

"Logan I know you're worried and excited for the baby, but I'm still capable of taking care of both of us," Virgil finally said.

Logan sighed before crawling onto the bed and laying next to his husband, placing a hand on Virgil's large belly.

"I know love. I know," said Logan, rubbing his hand back and forth.

Virgil giggled and planted a kiss on Logan's forehead, the pair eventually falling asleep like that. Virgil rested against many fluffy pillows and Logan with his left hand on his husband's stomach and head on a pillow with his right arm snaking around Virgil's shoulders.

The End

Every chapter excluding the epilogue was edited by my sister, NikitaVolkova (which is why the grammar is shit)
Go spam her with thanks for editing this because she worked very hard to deal with my horrible grammar and likes talking to people.